Talk

Advanced search

Spectacularly stupid cat accidents

(13 Posts)
gindrinker Tue 09-Apr-13 18:20:04

Gin cat has just got her paw caught under our arm chair (some how between the caster and the chair base) while the playing, requiring Mr Gin to be called home from work and team work to lift the chair and cat and free her.

Does anyone have any other stupid cat tales of woe.

I'm feeling like the worst cat owner!

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 09-Apr-13 19:58:03

Sounds ouchy. Is she ok?

ASBO cats best was falling out of a tree trying to get a birds nest. A week after falling off the conservatory trying to catch a pigeon.

Quick learner my cat. hmm

BettyandDon Tue 09-Apr-13 20:15:23

Got trapped between 2 6ft fences when she was a kitten - had to coax her to climb up to get food. This is once I had found her too.

Skipping and falling in the toilet and bath. Will never forget the soggy look.

I miss my cat (she was run over aged 27 in cat yrs - same as Jimmi Hendrix, kurt Cobain, Janice Joplin). A legendsmile

gindrinker Tue 09-Apr-13 20:28:36

Gin cat seems fine. We've got our eyes on her for any limping or swelling. Luckily I was with her when she did it and kept her calm and not trying to pull it out while we were waiting for assistance.

ISeeSmallPeople Tue 09-Apr-13 20:31:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

thecatneuterer Tue 09-Apr-13 20:38:19

That reminded me IseeSmallPeople - I was once helping Celia Hammond deliver some cats to some people who had adopted them but hadn't been able to collect them. They had some candles burning prettily in their open fireplace. We let the cats out of the carrier and within seconds the one with the fluffiest tale had gone too close to a candle and his tail caught fire! Luckily Celia had lightening reactions and managed to grapple with the cat and put out the fire in miliseconds and it resulted in only burnt fur rather than actual tail - that and a few near heart attacks on the part of the humans. So yes, candles and cats definitely don't mix.

GreenShadow Tue 09-Apr-13 20:40:46

One of the cats spent a long cold night on the roof of a neighbours house when he was quite young.
Was obviously quite easy to jump on to it from a nearby fence, but not so easy to climb down the steep roof and then jump back to the fence.

We only found him when DH heard pitiful meowing as he was leaving for work the next morning. We had to dig out a long ladder to reach him as he wouldn't leave the apex of the roof (luckily it is a bungalow, but still quite high). He hasn't tried it again since.

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 09-Apr-13 21:04:36

Yup, another candle sniffer in this house too. No burnt bits though due to the special level of urgency in my yell of "don't do that you stupid animal".

I go a bit banshee when I see him about to self immolate. I've told him countless times you only do that for political beliefs.

LoganMummy Tue 09-Apr-13 21:08:37

Our kitten climbed into the Christmas tree and managed to get her leg stuck. She panicked and tried to jump down taking the tree with her. Then tried to run away with tree still attached trailing behind her.

It's funny now but she got such a fright. Dreamies worked wonders at calming her down. (But we did need a new tree and decorations.)

cozietoesie Tue 09-Apr-13 21:42:01

Very First Cat. And he wasn't injured apart from to his pride - but to a Siamese that's as bad as anything I guess.

We had a big old Victorian house in a 'T' shape: a main block of rooms and a service bit at right angles - a long lino covered corridor with the kitchen towards the bottom left and other rooms coming off left and right, the laundry facing at the bottom.

My Dad and the cat had a game where my Dad would chase the cat down the corridor and as the cat reached near the kitchen door, he would do a sort of paw scrabbling four wheel drift leftwards into the kitchen and run under the kitchen table which was 'keys'. Once a day or so.

Until the day my Mum, in a quite unexpected fit of housekeeping but filled with the pride of a new polishing machine, decided to wax and polish the entire corridor without telling anyone. We all came in, Dad started chasing First Cat who raced off down the corridor, tried to do his four wheel drift into the kitchen, failed spectacularly on the new polish and sailed off down the rest of the hallway on his backside to go through the (luckily) open laundry door and land, still on his bum, in a pile of my brothers' dirty underwear.

We didn't see him for the rest of the day. (Mind you, the hoots of laughter didn't stop until near on nightfall.)

grin

sashh Thu 11-Apr-13 07:41:39

Mine 'tarts' as we call it, she lies on her back showing you her fluffy belly to be rubbed.

In the summer she will regularly do this outside and you hear a 'donk' as her skull makes contact with the flagstones.

bootsycollins Thu 11-Apr-13 08:52:50

grin cozietoesie

Bootsycat was sat on the work top next to the gas hob where some soup was heating, cue acrid burning smell of fur and me frantically scrabbling the length of the kitchen to rescue him from his tail on fire tap dance. Luckily was just burnt fur but ewwww the smell.

PurplePidjin Thu 11-Apr-13 09:26:58

Daft Ginger went sniffing round my (indoor) watering can. The inevitable happened. Cue distressed Pidj in pyjamas banging on next door at 10pm carrying a watering can in search of assistance to extricate the cat's head...

He completely calmed down in my arms, i bitterly regret not stopping to take a photo grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now