Talk

Advanced search

Is my cat just weird or...

(10 Posts)
MinkyWinky Mon 05-Nov-12 17:28:47

do other cats like the bridge of their nose rubbed? He closes his eyes and purrs manically and get quite put out when you stop...

cozietoesie Mon 05-Nov-12 17:33:47

An old friend of mine had a family that ran sheep. He always maintained that stroking sheep on the bridge of the nose made them more amenable/sent them to sleep. Maybe cats are the same?

smile

OldLadyKnowsNothing Mon 05-Nov-12 17:36:00

The cat currently sitting on my lap likes it. She is also looking narked that I have stopped, in order to post this.

I may have created a monster...

MinkyWinky Mon 05-Nov-12 17:43:20

Yay! He's not weird (or at least is in a group of two plus sheep). I won't tell him about the sheep bit thoughsmile

cozietoesie Mon 05-Nov-12 17:46:59

Best not!

grin

Catniss Mon 05-Nov-12 19:37:59

Mine love it

Catsmamma Mon 05-Nov-12 19:41:15

I used to do it to my grumpy babies.....if you get the timing right they blink slower and slower and eventually fall asleep!

msrisotto Tue 06-Nov-12 14:30:35

Yeah, mine likes me to stroke her from the bridge of her nose, over the eyes, ears and head. They're nuts. All of them.

TallulahTwinkle Tue 06-Nov-12 14:32:16

My babies all liked that too!

Just tried it on cat - he appears t be indifferent smile

MinkyWinky Tue 06-Nov-12 16:46:27

Note to self: nose bridge rubbing sends on babies, sheep and some cats to sleep smile

I think you're right msrisotto, they're all nuts - cats that is, not babies or sheep, well may be sheep!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now