Talk

Advanced search

Lazycat has stopped eating :(

(15 Posts)
Lazycah Fri 02-Nov-12 19:21:21

She doesn't bother asking any more. It has been two days now, she hasn't been right since I de-wormed her. Have I poisoned her?

cozietoesie Fri 02-Nov-12 19:27:17

Is she drinking? (Remember, she might be nicking water from odd places.)

Worming can cause a disruption to appetite for a day or two in some cats. If she's still not eating over the weekend, phone the vet and ask for advice. In the meantime, keep her quiet and warm and let her sleep.

Lazycah Fri 02-Nov-12 21:11:30

She never drinks, I have only caught her drinking from her bowl twice in four years! I have left water out for her as I'm trying her on dry food. Boiled some chicken for her today (her fave), she hasn't even bothered to investigate sad
De-worming does upset her, but I've never known it this bad. I feel so guilty... poor puss sad

RedwingWinter Fri 02-Nov-12 22:49:43

Is she only eating a little bit, or not eating at all? If not eating at all I would get her in to the vet as it can become serious quite quickly. Since she turned her nose up at the chicken, how about some tuna, does she like that? I hope she's better soon.

If deworming normally has this effect on her, then you could talk to your vet about a different type of dewormer.

Lazycah Sat 03-Nov-12 01:12:53

She ate a little bit of chicken. she wouldn't even eat her treat and she LOVES her treats. I've killed the cat haven't I?

ImperialFireworksInMyKnickers Sat 03-Nov-12 01:18:47

How old is LazyCat? Unless she's ancient, I strongly suspect she is playing the well known cat game of 'Let's scare the two-legged ones silly'.

Lazycah Sat 03-Nov-12 03:03:07

She's 4.
I'm well aware a of the mind games she plays <evil cat>!
She slept all day with me and all day yesterday (I'm on nights) and has slept on DS' bed since; very unusual for her.
Antifreeze poisoning? Or just pissed off that I de-wormed her?

cozietoesie Sat 03-Nov-12 06:16:23

How's she doing this morning? Any eating yet?

(I agree with Redwing. If a dewormer always affects her badly, have a word with the vet about the type you use.)

ImperialFireworksInMyKnickers Sat 03-Nov-12 06:20:36

How is she this morning? KnickersCat is about the same age and I'd be worried too if it had gone on as long as this.

Lazycah Sat 03-Nov-12 21:40:04

She's a bit better today, thanks. I came down this morning to find that she had eaten most of the chicken, have cooked up some more and she's showing interest in it. Still sleeping all day and I'm not sure that she has been out, just assume she has. Definitely getting advice from the vet about worming next time.

Lazycah Sat 03-Nov-12 22:51:53

Update: Lazycat has eaten a little, drunk water (!) and has been out smile

RedwingWinter Sat 03-Nov-12 23:19:42

I'm glad to hear it smile

ImperialFireworksInMyKnickers Sat 03-Nov-12 23:35:08

So am I!

Lazycah Sat 03-Nov-12 23:51:57

I'll call the vet tomorrow anyway, she's not right. This is the cat that tries to convince me that I have forgotten to feed her within 30 mins of being fed!

cozietoesie Sun 04-Nov-12 07:10:08

That's good that she's eating and drinking - and has been out. But you're quite right to contact the vet, I think. Wormers are powerful meds but if she's being regularly wormed, she shouldn't have that heavy a load of worms in her. Best to check on the type you use.

Glad she's better.

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now