Talk

Advanced search

Cat stuck up tree - help!

(10 Posts)
MrsApplepants Wed 24-Oct-12 09:26:28

Can anyone give me any suggestions to help coax AppleCat back down? She's not really that high up and could jump onto shed roof to break her fall. Instead she's clinging on, going higher when I approach and meowing wildly. Tree is very, very tall, do I don't want her to climb any higher

RSPCA say to leave her for 24 hours before calling them but her meowing is just so pitiful. She's been there since 7 this morning.

Help!

cozietoesie Wed 24-Oct-12 09:40:40

Give her longer. Sometimes they need help but only two or three hours is well within the 'You need to try a bit harder, my dear' limits - unless she has immediate needs such as essential, timed meds. Cats find it harder to get down than up (angle of claws and all) so best just to leave her alone, harden your ears and heart and let her work it out.

Floralnomad Wed 24-Oct-12 09:46:03

Go out and ignore her for a bit , she's probably capable of getting down .

MrsApplepants Wed 24-Oct-12 11:23:23

She doesn't have any timed meds luckily, is a normal, healthy cat, but she is a bit thick!! Will ignore her for now although have put a plate of tuna on wall next to shed, hopefully will help to tempt her down!!

cozietoesie Wed 24-Oct-12 11:25:20

Harden that heart, MrsApplepants. Harden that heart. For a few hours at least.

She sounds like she's being a bit of a drama queen. (Although the tuna is a good idea.)

smile

MrsApplepants Wed 24-Oct-12 11:29:02

Drama queen is a good description of her actually. She does like to be the centre of attention!

TiAAAAARGHo Wed 24-Oct-12 11:29:20

She'll get down on her own once she works it out.

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 24-Oct-12 19:26:37

Has she come down yet?

MrsApplepants Wed 24-Oct-12 21:38:44

Sorry havent bern back, she came down just before dusk, covered in twigs and very hungry!! All is well. Thanks all for your advice!!

cozietoesie Wed 24-Oct-12 21:59:07

Well done both of you. Bet she won't be up there again in a hurry!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now