Talk

Advanced search

Incontinent elderly cat

(7 Posts)
LunaticFringe Tue 23-Oct-12 19:37:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

cozietoesie Tue 23-Oct-12 20:09:10

Could he maybe have arthritis, Lunatic? Not able to get into his tray to do his business etc. Has he shown any signs of stiffness, maybe not leaping or jumping like he used to?

If he has some arthritis (and at 18 he's entitled, I think) the meds are not intrusive and really improve quality of life. (Although long term use has the potential for kidney damage.)

I'd speak to the vet.

Lonecatwithkitten Tue 23-Oct-12 20:35:47

The last two incontient elderly cats I have seen have actually been diabetic so I would suggest a check up at the vets.

cozietoesie Tue 23-Oct-12 20:42:46

Ah - thanks for that Lonecat. Did that incontinence include poo?

JustFabulous Tue 23-Oct-12 20:45:38

I think you need him checked at the vets. It could be kidney trouble or problems with his back legs.

LunaticFringe Tue 23-Oct-12 20:54:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

JustFabulous Tue 23-Oct-12 20:57:59

I don't know if reading my cat's thread will help but briefly, she has arthritis, cancer, kidney disease and a neurological problem but she can still jump on the sofa, get upstairs if she wants feeding and we are up there and occasionally play with her toy. But she wees on the floor and behind the sofa and can't aim into a litter tray. No way is she ready to go though. She is 18.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now