Talk

Advanced search

Any vets here? Desperately need advice about my cat [sad]

(7 Posts)
miaowmix Wed 17-Oct-12 12:42:54

One of our beloved cats, ten year old boy, has gone missing since last night, and normally I wouldn't worry at all about this but I am desperately worried as he seems to have developed arthritis/massive problems in his back legs.

He seemed to be deteriorating rapidly and was planning to take him to the vets, but he hasn't been seen since c10pm when he went into the garden. I had a litter tray for him in the house but he chose to go out, and now there is no sign of him.
I have checked the house and garden, under bushes etc, and am going to ask neighbours if they've seen him, but am so worried as he's unable to properly walk or climb so I can't understand how he could have got far. Any advice or experience? I don't know what to do sad, and feel so guilty. Please help!
I need to know if it sounds like he's taken himself off somewhere to die.

cozietoesie Wed 17-Oct-12 18:25:21

Keep checking and calling, Grey. And make sure you check any sheds, big boxes, that sort of thing - anything he could have crawled into or under. (This is the time of year when people are often finishing off the garden pre-winter and have shed doors open and then closed late at night when they remember.)

Is there easy access from your garden to anywhere else such as a local road?

Anyway best of luck. Let us know what happens. sad

miaowmix Wed 17-Oct-12 19:34:16

Oh cozie thank you so much for replying, you are sweet.
So he walked in about 20 minutes ago, moments before a massive downpour! And is fine although a bit stinky and scruffy, looks like he's been fighting (he's a Peckham cat wink).
I am SO relieved, he is such a silly and has vanished in the past but I was so worried because of his leg. Booking vet tomorrow.
I had asked neighbours to check sheds etc btw, and we back onto a park so was fully expecting to be out there with a torch and his biscuits, but he's home safe, hooray!! smile

cozietoesie Wed 17-Oct-12 20:08:32

Oh well done - so pleased for you. And all the best at the vet tomorrow or when you can get in.

smile

(Reinforce his coming home safe with some nice nosh!)

miaowmix Wed 17-Oct-12 22:19:58

Thankyou thanks
He's sleeping on a special cushion after a huge plate of food smile.

cozietoesie Wed 17-Oct-12 22:37:59

Good, good. And keep hoping about his legs. If it's arthritis there or in his lower spine, it's fairly treatable in cats nowadays. Fingers crossed.

smile

frostyfingers Tue 23-Oct-12 16:31:02

That's why he does it - to get special food and a special cushion......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now