Talk

Advanced search

we have jumping little bastards ,some help please

(14 Posts)
wonderingwendy Tue 16-Oct-12 16:23:35

so we frontlined the kittens (2) at the end of september so they arent due until the first week in november
but we have seen fleas on them and they are scratching loads ,so question is can we frontline again even though they arent due yet?
also what is the best spray for doing the house and furnishings?

SparkyTGD Tue 16-Oct-12 16:56:06

Best spray we've ever had was from the vets, wouldn't bother with pet shop/tesco type one. Sprayed all carpets & furniture.

Think you can use frontline every month if its an infestation.

wonderingwendy Tue 16-Oct-12 16:57:40

do you know what it was called ?

CMOTDibbler Tue 16-Oct-12 16:58:28

Don't bother with Frontline, its useless. Get some Stronghold from the vets, and it will deal with it all

wonderingwendy Tue 16-Oct-12 17:01:12

how much is it ?

bigsnugglebunny Tue 16-Oct-12 17:06:55

frontline is pants! I have 9 cats and we now use Advantage (bought from vetuk online for a tenner per pack.... or £15 from the vets!) and it's great. Haven't seen a jumpy little beggar for months now!

It also works on any that are on furniture etc - because it stays on the cats' skin for longer.

I also stick a cheapy wilko flea collar in the vacuum bag every time I change it smile

Things we tried that failed:

Flea bombs
Frontline
4 fleas
Indorex spray.

Frontline spray is amazing, worked fab on our week old kittens (this was performed at the vets, by the vet). Got mummy cat done as well just in case

Cailleach Tue 16-Oct-12 20:16:55

I used to use a spray for the house (can't remember what it was called, sorry) and those dot-on-the-back-of-the-neck flea treatments for the cats themselves.

Always worked for me, but make sure all bedding is very well washed and spray all round the room, under furniture / behind curtains etc etc to make sure you catch them all.

MissFoodie Wed 17-Oct-12 10:06:58

you have to frontline every month without fail, even in winter, I missed one month and got infested -
Indorex spray worked for me too, used on furniture and floors every night for 3 days, bought on amazon too as a bit cheaper than vets

ChaosTrulyReigns Wed 17-Oct-12 10:15:20

Get a flea light.

Strangely satisfyigng to see the little buggers all stuck to the sticky disc.

MissFoodie Wed 17-Oct-12 10:16:50

those combs with electric shock in them is quite good too grin

ChaosTrulyReigns Wed 17-Oct-12 10:17:26

>>Press me.<<

Houseworkprocrastinator Wed 17-Oct-12 10:32:11

Frontline just stopped working for my cat after 5 years of it being fine. Was a nightmare vet gave me advantage and they were one within the week. Obviously had to spray the whole house too.

tedmundo Fri 19-Oct-12 17:27:28

Frontline also stopped working for us. We now get advocate from the vets and have not had a single flea since.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now