Talk

Advanced search

Stronghold off the Internet

(3 Posts)
Greedycat Mon 15-Oct-12 09:58:22

Do any of you buy stronghold off of the Internet? I have noticed that it is cheaper to get it online than from the vet but how can you be sure that it is the genuine stuff ? Also do vets charge for prescriptions because you can only buy Stronghold if you have one?
Also I am wondering if any of the cheaper flea treatments work because I am finding Stronghold at £32 for three months supply quite expensive!

stinkyfluffycat Mon 15-Oct-12 10:10:09

We get Stronghold from VetUk.co.uk and I'm pretty sure it's the genuine stuff. It works, anyway! Our vet does charge for the prescription, £9 I think, but it's still worth doing it that way as a 6 pack is only £24.05 instead of £45 ish at the vet...
Cheaper stuff didn't work for us, even though the price of Stronghold makes me cringe I have do really appreciate not having fleas. You don't really appreciate how lovely it is not to have fleas until you've had them!

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 15-Oct-12 16:12:29

We buy advocate off the internet, a private prescription costs me £8 and I go through Quidco or topcashback to get an extra few % off the price.

The vet's seem quite used to writing the prescriptions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now