Talk

Advanced search

vouchers for cat neutering?

(13 Posts)
StopBreakingMyStuff Thu 11-Oct-12 14:32:09

I heard something vague about bring able to get vouchers for half the cost of neutering a cat from pdsa, anyone know if this is true? I have a six month old male and he sprayed the other day in my house so need to get him done. Have no idea how much it costs or if I can get discount because I am on benefits. Anyone know? Thanks!

Lonecatwithkitten Thu 11-Oct-12 14:40:51

Different charities run different campaigns at different times. If you have a local RSPCA or PDSA hospital they maybe able to help you or approaching local Cats protection league, PDSA or RSPCA branches. Usually they are dependent on being in receipt of certain benefits though which ones varies through time and with each charity.

Kormachameleon Thu 11-Oct-12 14:45:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Sparklingbrook Thu 11-Oct-12 14:49:09

That's true Korma. When deciding to have a cat factors like neutering, worming, microchipping and neutering should be considered.

Where did you get the cat from Stop?

StopBreakingMyStuff Thu 11-Oct-12 20:13:44

I got him from gumtree. And yes I'm not an idiot I know its up to me to provide these things for my cat, but I have no idea how much it is. I hope to fund it myself but its its well over a hundred quid I won't be able to pay the whole lot.

StopBreakingMyStuff Thu 11-Oct-12 20:14:55

It was just an innocent question to see if it was possible to get a discount..

Sparklingbrook Thu 11-Oct-12 20:19:24

I found this Stop if it's any help. Can't find neutering costs but I think it's less than £100.

Might be worth just asking your local vet. We use Companion Care inside Pets at Home and they have all their charges on the wall.

Kormachameleon Thu 11-Oct-12 20:20:18

Samvet Thu 11-Oct-12 20:20:18

www.cats.org.uk/what-we-do/neutering/financial-assistance/

But bear in mind if you can't find 100 quid that you will struggle with vets bills and should consider insurance.

Kormachameleon Thu 11-Oct-12 20:21:00

StopBreakingMyStuff Thu 11-Oct-12 20:42:31

Thanks. I have insurance in case he gets ill or in an accident but it doesn't cover neutering costs.

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 12-Oct-12 18:07:23

I'm in the Midlands, mine cost £50ish and was microchipped at the same time for £5 so £45 for the castration.

It's best to get them chipped.

kylesmybaby Thu 18-Oct-12 21:58:30

where are you - i have just used a scheme covering living withing the m25. can give you details.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now