Talk

Advanced search

My cat has poo'd in his food bowl!

(10 Posts)
Gooshka Sun 07-Oct-12 09:44:19

I can't believe it! What an utterly grotesque thing to do (there were crunchies in the bowl and he's crapped all over them!) And how downright RUDE. I have two tomcats and I'm unsure which one is guilty so I've booted them both out. I do have to admit to being slightly impressed at the aim I suppose as it's quite a small bowl! Anyone ever had this happen or is it just me with dysfunctional pussies?

RightUpMyRue Sun 07-Oct-12 09:48:40

Ha ha ha! I guess he wasn't keen on the crunchies you offered?

Do they have a litter tray, is it full or in a plce they don't like using it? Are there big scary cats outside who are making taking poo out there tricky?

HecateLarpo Sun 07-Oct-12 09:51:42

Do they have separate food bowls? If so, it'll be the one whose food bowl it isn't grin

Gooshka Sun 07-Oct-12 09:54:28

They have a cat flap so can get in and out easily; this is most odd, we rarely have accidents. It must be a protest against the crunchies grin. Will have to throw the whole bowl (complete with crunchies and diarreah) in the bin!

HecateLarpo Sun 07-Oct-12 09:57:49

oh, it is diahorrea? Well that might be the answer. If it's not a hard poo but the runny stuff, it may have been that or the floor! Well trained cat to at least aim for some sort of container in an emergency!

Gooshka Sun 07-Oct-12 09:57:50

No, they share food bowls so can't identify the guilty one that way grin. I just wonder what the innocent cat was thinking (well,I know they can't 'think' as such) when his brother was shitting over their supper. sad

Gooshka Sun 07-Oct-12 10:03:02

Actually, Hectate, you do have a point. Maybe I should be praising them as a least the mess is localised and I was able to remove the entire bowl and it's contents grin.

AliceHurled Sun 07-Oct-12 10:05:07

Mine isn't keen on her new biscuits so we woke up to shit on the floor. Might show her this thread as that sounds easier to clear up grin

MikeOxard Sun 07-Oct-12 10:11:36

Hahahaha! Clearly the food was shit, in his opinion. His non-verbal communication is very impressive, you should have rewarded him instead of booting him out. And stop feeding him that crap.

<disclaimer: I don't have a cat or know anything about cats, I just came to comment because the thread title (on 'active threads') made me laugh>

Leonas Wed 07-Nov-12 20:00:04

My kitten scrapes at the floor as if he is covering up a poo if he feels his food it not up to scratch. He also peed in DH's gym bag yesterday, which we think is a dirty protest about the change of cat litter! Pooing in the food bow is a new one for me though, defo never heard of that before. the title of this made me laugh out loud!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now