Talk

Advanced search

Neighbours cat keeps coming in and seems hungry.

(9 Posts)
SchrodingersMew Thu 04-Oct-12 13:39:40

Hi, my upstairs neighbour' cat keeps coming to our window and crying or jumping in a window.

Last night he came to the window around 1am, it was freezing outside so I went to the front door and he was practically in before I got the door opened. He came in and wandered and cried and done the rubbing up against our leg thing, he was like an ice block. I got worried and gave him a bit of food. blush Shut us both in the kitchen so he could have it as my 3 were trying to get to him, and although he was scared and kept looking over his shoulder and fidgety he ate the lot in seconds and DP let him out.

I'm slighly worried about him now, he's just been back crying again but my cats chased him out. He's only a wee thing and is 1yo but is out constantly, the neighbour says he stays out all night which we didn't know as have previously knocked on their door to let him in when he's been crying at ours and he dashed in when they opened the door. It doesn't seem like he actually wants to be out and now it's so cold I am really worried.

We fed him for a few days while they were away and they said he gets half a tin in the morning and the other half later and a little bit of mix.

Is this enough for a cat who is constantly outside, all day and all night?

Lonecatwithkitten Thu 04-Oct-12 13:41:58

My tail less wonder is crying for food the moment she finishes the last mouthful of her food. She chooses to rampage in the garden all night even though she could sleep on my bed.

SchrodingersMew Thu 04-Oct-12 13:45:51

It's just when we were feeding this cat for her he didn't seem to over eat when we were putting his food about, wasn't as moany either but we were letting him in everytime he wanted.

Normally I wouldn't think it too unusual but we're in Scotland and the nights at the moment are really very cold.

SchrodingersMew Thu 04-Oct-12 13:47:57

And he is noticably terrified of my cats but still comes in. confused

PandaNot Thu 04-Oct-12 13:54:11

I wouldn't have mine outside all night in the cold. I'd make sure they had somewhere warm they could curl up if they wanted to. But I've come to the conclusion that all cats are hungry all the time, I've never met one that wouldn't at least have a little bit to eat if offered!

SchrodingersMew Thu 04-Oct-12 13:55:54

Maybe I'm wrong on the bit about hunger then, it was just because he wanted it even though he seemed terrified.

It is the cold that bothers me the most though, there are lots of houses here but not really anywhere he could find proper shelter, yes there are bushes etc but it is very cold. They bring him in at night at weekend.

SchrodingersMew Thu 04-Oct-12 13:56:57

And if he wanted in at night they wouldn't hear him as they are upstairs in a cottage flat (need to go upstairs indoors to get to the rooms etc).

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 04-Oct-12 17:51:40

Do you think it'd occur to them to fit a cat flap?

Bit mean shutting him out.

SchrodingersMew Thu 04-Oct-12 18:01:41

I highly doubt they would fit one and I don't think they would be allowed to (HA house).

sad It is mean, can't imagine how crap it will be when the snow starts...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now