Talk

Advanced search

Moving house with moggy

(3 Posts)
MummyPig24 Sun 23-Sep-12 07:00:58

We moved yesterday and as it is about 2mins from the old house I fed the cat there and left him out. He is an outdoor cat since we had the dc (poor thing!) Anyway we are going to feed and collect him this am. Is it absolutely essential to keep him inside? I don't have a litter tray as he is outdoorsy so I would need to get one. If I let him in the garden to use the loo would he run away? I know he will hate being kept in, might not use the litter tray and pee in the house, and will probably escape as we/kids go in and out. But if I let him out I'm worried he'll get onto the main road. Also, how many collars?! He loses them every few weeks, surely not normal?

buggyRunner Sun 23-Sep-12 07:29:56

my cat was fine being let out after 24 hours. had littler tray etc- he is just like yours and I'm sure that 24 hours felt like 2 weeks- however we put him
in a Cattery for 2 weeks before the move (as there was 2 weeks in temp accommodation)- this gave us chance to get house sorted

MummyPig24 Mon 24-Sep-12 08:32:58

He won't go out now! He's been in all night and now wont go in the garden. Do I just put him out there?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now