Talk

Advanced search

Cat AWOL today for five hours now home and limping

(5 Posts)
maryquant Sat 22-Sep-12 20:13:54

Big Main Coon boy disappeared today for five hours not like him.

Now home limping and can't seem to put weight on one of his back legs

No obvious injury no bleeding no deformity no swelling

Eaten and peed

Seems well enough in himself

I fear a vehicle has clipped him......we live miles from anywhere.

Vet in am if no improvement

TheCalmingManatee Sat 22-Sep-12 20:18:07

He could have been in a fight with another cat - a cat bite is a vile thing with a tendancy to get infected and lead to an abscess. Because they bite, they have bacteria on their teeth but the bite tends to close up, enclosing the bacteria inside. Causes quite a bit of pain so could be why he wont weight bear. Keep an eye for any swelling over the next few days.

maryquant Sat 22-Sep-12 20:26:47

Thanks didn't think of that- he's lying next to radiator now .

One of our previous cats wouldn't weight bear for a day and a half we rushed to the vet and he proceeded to run around the -so trying not to panic or fear the worst.

cynner Sat 22-Sep-12 20:28:28

Aww..I love Maine Coons! I hope your big boy recovers very quickly. Perhaps he just needs a day or so of rest. Please keep us posted..

maryquant Sun 23-Sep-12 12:07:32

Update ...seems brighter this am but still limping -have narrowed area down to one specific part of his leg he does seem to have what looks like a puncture wound.

So cat bite from fight or our nearest neighbour has a vicious jack russell so maybe he's got a bit too nosey.

Vet tomorrow.

Oh the stress they are worse than the children.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now