Talk

Advanced search

Gagging tabby

(7 Posts)
corygal Thu 20-Oct-11 10:52:48

My darling tabby keeps gagging after meals.

Last week he was sick and a lot of fur came out. (Lovely). This week he has taken to sitting with his chin up and has diarrhoea. What should I do? He’s vet phobic.

corygal Thu 20-Oct-11 15:02:59

Bump? Maybe even furball?

corygal Thu 20-Oct-11 16:40:20

Urga urga urgg BUMP

stinkyfluffycat Thu 20-Oct-11 16:45:58

Have you changed his food? Mine pukes all the time if he eats Whiskas (produces what we call 'puke - turds' as they look like turds but are actually puke, delightful).
Wouldn't think fur - balls would cause him to have diarrhoea though, so if it continues he should prob go to the vet. You could always try calling them, but they'd probably just tell you to bring him in...
Otherwise if you've got money your vet might do a house call for an extortionate fee?
Hope it's just a food thing though.

MyLittleFluffball Thu 20-Oct-11 23:29:43

Have a look around your area for vets who offer home visits. Ideally, you could call your local vet and beg for a home visit. I had my local vet do one recently for my poor cat and it was a huge, huge help.

I definitely think you need to take him to a vet though (or have the vet come to him).

corygal Fri 21-Oct-11 14:03:56

Thanks so much! I will indeed. He put himself to bed last night at 8:20, (normally 11pm) so I lay with him and he purred and held my hand.

He isn't well this am either. I think it might be a new flavour of Sheba....

EmmaMRN Fri 21-Oct-11 16:38:42

I would recommend a vet, even if the poor thing isn't a fan, there's only so much you can do without a diagnosis. Just keep making sure he's got enough water, and that he's kept calm. I hope he gets better soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now