Talk

Advanced search

bloody mucas in kitten poo

(8 Posts)
ByThePowerOfGreyskull Mon 17-Oct-11 19:18:36

she had a check up with the vet and her 2nd vacs on Friday, seems bright and well.
Should I be getting her to the vets or sitting tight?

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Mon 17-Oct-11 19:30:46

bump/

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Mon 17-Oct-11 20:41:56

anyone??

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Mon 17-Oct-11 21:23:18

smile hopeful bump

SouthernandCross Mon 17-Oct-11 21:35:27

Has it just happened once? What are you feeding her? Could she have eaten something she's not used to?
Make sure she's not having milk and keep her on something bland if she seems 100% fine in herself and it doesn't happen again.But mention it to your vet on Friday.
If it lasts more than 24 hours or she seems unwell then make an earlier appointment and have her checked.

MyLittleFluffball Mon 17-Oct-11 23:35:58

I would always take her to the vet if you're concerned. You need to weigh up the possible costs of not taking her to the vet when there is a problem, versus the possible costs of taking her to the vet when there is no problem. I think the potential cost of ignoring it is greater.

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Tue 18-Oct-11 11:53:14

thanks ladies,
It has only happened once, we have little sisters, they are on hills vets essentials dry kitten food. However they are all over everything and have been trying to eat houseplants etc.
No milk to drink only water. she does seem fine I think I will sit tight for now. Poo this morning was fine.
Paranoid new mum!!

MyLittleFluffball Wed 19-Oct-11 01:16:39

OK - hope she remains OK!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now