Talk

Advanced search

Which at food?

(11 Posts)
toomanyeasterbunnies Sun 16-Oct-11 20:41:08

We've had our little cat for a week now and she isn't overly keen on dry food or wet pouches with jelly. What she does like are these cat treats that seem quite chewy and meaty. What type of normal cat food (i.e. not a treat) would you recommend I try. I think it needs to be moist but not wet IYKWIM.

toomanyeasterbunnies Sun 16-Oct-11 20:41:51

Oops - title should read "Which Cat Food?"!

thirtysomething Sun 16-Oct-11 20:52:50

Mine like, in order (lower down the list means they will get sneered, at until said cats are absolutely ravenous!):

1. Felix - any pouches except the cheapie ones with chunks
2. Gourmet pouches or little tins esp. the soufflee/pate varieties
3. Whiskas - simply grilled or in gravy ranges (but I have 3 cats and not all like Whiskas consistently)
4. Sainsburys own brand posh range
5. Morrisons own brand cheapo range
6. Waitrose own brand absolutely most expensive
7. KiteKat
8. Lidl's own brand

They would not EVER touch Asda own brand or Tesco's.

They all love Go-Cat dried food and any of the expensive ones like Purina and Iams but still need at least one pouch of wet food a day - otherwise they follow me around with sad eyes miaowing and I eventually give in....

Lizcat Mon 17-Oct-11 16:18:33

My cats eat Hills dried food in the morning and waitrose wet 1 pouch each in the evening. Despite being a vet their is not one stitch of science behind this, these are the only foods the beautiful moggy girl does not represent within 40 minutes of eating them, Whiskas is the most vomited brand in this household. When they are very very very good and have been special cats they get a tin of Gourmet Pearl each.

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 17-Oct-11 20:44:41

Have you tried pouches in gravy? My bengals on aldi pouches but isn't really keen on the jelly variety in the multipack.

Bamaluz Tue 18-Oct-11 11:54:56

There is a make of food with the texture of the treats you described but I can't remember the name offhand. Will have a think.
However, both my cats, even the constantly ravenous one, turned their noses up at it, so it might not be worth looking for.

SparklyCloud Tue 18-Oct-11 13:00:33

Bamaluz, its this :

www.ocado.com/webshop/product/HiLife-Completely-Soft--Tender-Semi-Moist-Catfood-Rich-in-Tasty-Chicken/56477011

Waitrose and Sainsburys sell it.

Bamaluz Tue 18-Oct-11 19:46:38

That's it, I thought it would be ideal.

But it's not.

smile

bruffin Tue 18-Oct-11 19:53:51

My cat has iams in the morning, then a tin of gourmet gold in the evening.she doesn't like the pate ones.
She also turns her nose up if she sees a sachet

Rikalaily Tue 18-Oct-11 19:57:09

You can add a little warm water to dry food to soften it up a little smile

Mine eat Burns dry food, they like it dry though.

toomanyeasterbunnies Tue 18-Oct-11 22:24:52

Thanks for all your suggestions. I will definitely be off to Waitrose to check out the HiLife one. I'd really like the convenience of a dry food (plus it's good for their teeth) but our little girl seems quite fussy. Has turned her nose up at Iams and Sheeba but does seem to like gourmet gold. I didn't think cats where quite so fussy! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now