Talk

Advanced search

Advice needed please - injured feral cat

(11 Posts)
Beauregard Wed 12-Oct-11 21:15:43

Where i work there are many feral cats and the family i work for feed 3 in particular on a daily basis.The cats have been there years and have tamed up quite a bit but there is no way you could contain one.One of them disapeared for a few days and has turned up with a large circular wound on its necksad
Is there anything that they or me could do ?
Bearing in mind the cat would be impossible to put in a cage/basket.

oopslateagain Wed 12-Oct-11 21:44:55

When you say circular- do you mean around the neck, like something's been tied round it? I hate to suggest it but it has been known for elastic bands to be put round cats necks by some cruel people who think it's amusing.

Not sure what you can do TBH if you can't handle the cat, except keep a very close eye on it to see if it starts to heal, is there any chance you can get close enough to see if there is something in the wound?

Beauregard Wed 12-Oct-11 21:47:59

I havent seen the wound but my employers said it is "round about the size of a spectacle lens and looks like something has attacked it".

Samvet Wed 12-Oct-11 21:50:46

If in uk RSPCA will be familiar with trapping ferals. Cat's protection also.

ColdSancerre Wed 12-Oct-11 21:53:09

Contact Cats Protection in your area, they will, well they should, provide a trap and then arrange treatment once the cat is caught.

Beauregard Wed 12-Oct-11 21:53:23

oh yes in uk
Would the RSPCA really ?

Beauregard Wed 12-Oct-11 21:56:11

ok thanks will contact the cats protection

ColdSancerre Wed 12-Oct-11 21:59:14

Cats Protection will hopefully be quite experienced with ferals and have the necessary equipment to catch and treat.

Beauregard Wed 12-Oct-11 22:01:11

Thanks

The cat is so beautiful sad ,i really hope they can help.

ColdSancerre Thu 13-Oct-11 17:35:10

How did you get on?

Beauregard Thu 13-Oct-11 21:29:46

I called the local cat protection and had to leave a message but as of yet no reply. The cat didnt turn up for her tea tonight ,hope she's ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now