Talk

Advanced search

My cat flap is knackered and its only 9 months old - any advice

(4 Posts)
buggerlugs82 Tue 11-Oct-11 19:16:44

Hello - i have a staywell manual 4 way cat flap and 3 cats. Its knackered and doesnt close properly so my poor cats can't get out / in as they can't push it with their paws as its stuck. Have rung staywell and the insist on proof of purchase, which i don't have (who keeps a receipt for a cat flap ffs)

Any advice? its in a upvc door and has a hole cut out obviously, we will struggle to get another that fits the current cut out hole size unless we get the same again and i think my boy cat is too fluffy (fat) for it.

Any tips?!

thatsnotmybumitstoowobbly Tue 11-Oct-11 19:20:26

9 months is good going by our standards - the last catflap fitted here lasted, um, less than 5 minutes! As DH stood back to admire his handiwork, one cat tried to go in while the other tried to go out. Catfight in catflap, catflap broken grin

We found that half a takeaway pizza box nailed over the hole works quite well [unhelpful]

buggerlugs82 Tue 11-Oct-11 19:47:54

Oh, there i was thinking it should just, you know, last years. I just took it apart and put it back together. Its the VERY crap metal hingy thing that seems to come a bit loose. Its working ok now.

Didn't realise they don't last long.

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 11-Oct-11 22:31:41

If we forget to unlock ours he breaks the door off it. Dh has to pit it back together with force, and he's a big bloke so we can't figure out how the cat has the strength to break it off iyswim.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now