Talk

Advanced search

At my wits end with these cats, help.

(6 Posts)
Tiredprobably Mon 10-Oct-11 13:41:22

I'm begining to think we might have to get rid of them as I just don't know what to do. We really love them but think they must be unhappy. Our neighbours have 7 cats, 8 including a big tom that comes back every now and then, they kept their litter of kittens and now they are grown up too. We have 2 cats we fostered there mum and her litter from a rescue centre, we do love cats and gave 2 a home, our neighbours just had 2/3 at this point.
We live in a terrace and there's a fair few cats but they get on okay but the new cats are always in our garden. Our cats have had fleas for weeks now even with drontal combing and now a flea collar, we spoke to the neighbours who eventually got collars for the young cats but they all scratch all the time, we can't get on top of it as they just get them again and now they're in the house, I've been hoovering daily but twice have found fleas on our baby. Now one of them has started peeing inside nowhere particularly just everywhere, I'm fairly sure it's the girl. Any ideas what to do? I think they are unhappy because of all these new cats in our garden I'm furious with our neighbours as 4 are girls and not neutered neither is her mum or one kitten they kept from last summer! Please help!!

pookiecat Tue 11-Oct-11 13:19:06

Best treatment for cats is frontline , also you need to treat the whole house as well , then it should be ok, but treat the cats every month. Provide a litter tray and put it in the places she pees.

ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs Tue 11-Oct-11 14:28:29

That is sad. I agree with the frontline recommendation.
Your NdN is irresponsible at best, cruel at worst to be having so many fertile cats around.
Why won't she have them sterilised? if she can't afford it, and qualifies there are a number of charities that will help out with the cost.

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 11-Oct-11 18:39:11

Cats protection will neuter for free if your on benefits.

You need to frontline them, flea collars arent great, my friends cat had to go to the vets with poisening from hers.

stinkyfluffycat Tue 11-Oct-11 18:51:45

Frontline did nothing for our flea infestation, Stronghold got rid of them almost immediately. Also stick a flea collar in your hoover bag and hoover like a woman possessed.

Tiredprobably Tue 11-Oct-11 22:19:46

Thanks everyone, we've resurrected the litter tray and I have got some frontline and a house spray from the vet and am going to buy one of those calming plugs tomorrow as the vet thinks the peeing in the house is due to the stress if all the other cats. Collers in the Hoover is a good idea thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now