Talk

Advanced search

Blerg!!! Ticks. (shudder). Cat has had five in TWO days!!! Anyone else had a problem?

(3 Posts)
MrsWicket Fri 23-Sep-11 14:06:57

Never had one in his life and now five, FIVE! of the horrors over the space of two days. Is it the waether or something???

isitmidnightalready Fri 23-Sep-11 22:59:09

We spent an hour last night pulling about 40 ticks off our rabbit - about 15 were well stuck in and the rest were moving around. Yak! Little varmints. None were fat and so I think they had just arrived. He has just escaped and been on the run for a couple of hours so I think he got them then...

Horrible, isn't it? Never had them before.

We often have this problem as we live near a field and one of my cats regularly gets them. I get to the head and pull.. as long as you don't leave the head in they heal quickly.

Last year to my horror, I woke up one morning to find a tic happily having breakfast on ME! My cat had snuggled up and left an unattached one. Utterly gross. Left quite a mark too! I think it's been a bumper year for themsad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now