Talk

Advanced search

I can't bear it,...another cat killed on the road today

(7 Posts)
Ingles2 Fri 16-Sep-11 23:13:05

sad
so sad...
am sitting here in tears again this evening,
Got back from work tonight, for ds's and dh to tell me, one of our cats was knocked over and killed today
this is the 4th time in 8 years sad
we live in a farm, we have to have cats...I know the rural lanes are 60 mph,
so why do bastard drivers to have to drive that and then some?
I regularly see/hear cars doing 80 or more down the lane...
I can't bear it
sad

VivaLeBeaver Fri 16-Sep-11 23:28:03

I'm so sorry.

One of my cats was killed outside our house a few years ago. We,re on a 30mph road so to be honest I think sometimes it can happen no matter what speed the car is doing. Tough obviously faster cars won't help.

If it's any consolation it's likely to have been instant so no suffering, that's what I tell myself anyway. And if you're on a farm I bet your cat had a lovely, happy life up to now.

Hope you're ok.

Ingles2 Fri 16-Sep-11 23:40:53

thanks Viva... Im not ok just now, but I will be.....
Am just so upset and .... angry I think...
this cat was deaf, and despite trying to keep her shut in, and squirting her with water when she went through the hedge, she was determined to get across the road. I spent more time, checking on her, keeping her close.. so I'm blaming dh for being so casual with her, when I was away for the day.
This is the 2nd time a cat's been killed when I'm away ffs... I don't go away that much

VivaLeBeaver Fri 16-Sep-11 23:49:46

Ahhhh, try not to blame dh. I can understand you trying to keep the cat close by if she was deaf but cats are so hard to stop them from doing what they want to.

TheTamingOfTheShrew Sat 17-Sep-11 00:43:50

You should dig up the road and insert your own pot holes, or tarmac a ramp. I know how you feel, lost my two boys the same way x

Ingles2 Sat 17-Sep-11 08:14:52

Am very tempted by the pot hole idea Shrew.... but sadly we've just been tarmaced after years of having a potholed road... hence the reason everyone is speeding I suppose...
And I know it's not Dh's fault really... am still (secretly) blaming him though...
very sad here today... not helped by the bloody awful weather... Ds2 has a face like a balloon from crying so much sad

TheTamingOfTheShrew Mon 19-Sep-11 20:20:19

awww I REALLY do feel for you. It takes time, I'm 3 years and counting and still miss mine like mad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now