Talk

Advanced search

Frantic about flea infestation -

(5 Posts)
2T2T Fri 16-Sep-11 12:33:40

Got 3 cats all flea treated by vets but returned from holiday to a house infested wtih fleas. I mean really infested. Got pest control in who fumigated house but within a week we were still getting fleas and had to call them in again to fumigate and flea bomb. Last night dd had about 10 of the little feckers on her trousers and they were leaping on to my bare feet. I have found some today (at least 10) some of these were quite dozy so I guess they are on the wane but will I ever get rid of them??? I feel qutie desperate, dirty and anxious about it.

Lizcat Fri 16-Sep-11 13:22:28

You need to use a household treatment that not only kills live fleas - knock down, but also an insect growth regulator to give residual effect. Both Indorex and Accliam sprays from the vets do this and have 12 months of residual effect. The pest control guys only do knock down.

CamperFan Fri 16-Sep-11 17:57:26

Constant hoovering. Eggs can lay dormant for months apparently and you need to get in all the cracks and crevices. I really feel for you, we had fleas for ages. Not as bad as you, but was seeing fleas on a daily basis and it really got me down. We fumigated the house twice ourselves using Indorex/hoover, as we have quite a large house and were being quoted a fortune to do it. I noticed quite dozy ones too, and after those, they were gone. This was a year ago exactly and I still poke little bits of fluff I find on the floor incase they have returned!!

2T2T Fri 16-Sep-11 18:24:08

camper - I have to leave the stuff the fumigators sprayed on teh floor for around 3 days so can hoover tomorrow. I have not found many this afternoon but i shouldn't find ANY!!! They are repulsive!! I have just been to vets and got another of their cans of spray as I cannot just sit in my lounge and let the revolting little fuckwits leap all over my settee and my person! I will hoover like crazy tomorrow - I too hav a big house (4 bedrooms) so it is a bloody nightmare. The cats seem qutie free of fleas but we are not and it is bloody depressing!!!!

2T2T Fri 16-Sep-11 18:25:04

Camper - the pest control compamy charged me £310 as it was a Sunday sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now