Talk

Advanced search

Help with a name for my new boy please........

(4 Posts)
farming4 Wed 24-Aug-11 12:44:53

Hi - I posted on here a few months ago about my old ginger girl, Charlie, who I sadly lost due to a tumour. sad

Fast forward and I happened to be down at the farm we got Charlie from as a kitten and they had another litter due to go. Wasn't looking for anotehr cat but have brough home a beautiful little boy - Dark smoke tabby, long haired and looks just like a cheetah cub! grin

Anyway need a bit of help with a name - would love something african or maybe far eastern but I'm sorta stuck. Like Shakira but its a girlie name.

tia

FrogGreen Wed 24-Aug-11 21:36:06

Off the top of my head: Shashi, Sabi or Shurugwi - these are all rivers in Zambia/Zimbabwe. Meru, Mulanje, Rungwe - these are mountains in Tanzania and Malawi. You could also just google "african rivers" etc, there are some lovely sounding names.

mumtotherescue Wed 24-Aug-11 21:52:59

What about 'Kenya' ?

ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs Thu 25-Aug-11 08:38:04

Jubatus. Part of their official name.
That will be my only contribution, DD named ours. One caused mirth at the vet when he was castrated on Tuesday.
Jalapeno is no name for a cat. DD chose it and wanted to know the Thai for chilli. I said I was not standing on the doorstep shouting out Prik.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now