Talk

Advanced search

My friend has got herself in to a bit of a pickle with kittens.. Best way to rehome?

(7 Posts)
WorzselMummage Thu 18-Aug-11 10:39:09

She has 2 girls and stupidly didn't get them neutered. They both got pregnant at the same time and how she has 2 adult cats and 5 kittens, 2 toddlers and a baby with additional needs and a fucking useless arsehole of a a cocklodger living in a 2 bedroom flat.

1 White girl, 2 White boys, 6 weeks old and a 1 week old black boy with white paws.

We've arranged vouchers to get the mummy cats neutered. What else do we need to do ?

I'd have one but I don't like cats.

WorzselMummage Thu 18-Aug-11 21:42:42

No one have any advice?

Hangingbellyofbabylon Thu 18-Aug-11 21:47:42

Advertise them on gumtree or the local free paper. We sold 5 kittens for £40 each last month and could have sold 20 with the amount of phone calls we've had. That way she'll get a bit of money to cover looking after the other 2 cats.

Gay40 Fri 19-Aug-11 15:38:32

I hate the idea of them being advertised on gumtree or the paper where people buy them as bait for fighting dogs. Best rehomed with known people if possible

OTheHugeRaveningWolef Fri 19-Aug-11 15:41:35

Can you call the Cats' Protection League? There's often a local branch who can advise you on the best way to make sure they go to happy, loving homes.

WorzselMummage Fri 19-Aug-11 20:28:13

I did try the CPL but every time I rang no-one answered. I think she's going to advertise in the local shop.

Priorty number one is getting existing cats spayed. When do cats come in to season after giving birth?

WynkenBlynkenandNod Sat 20-Aug-11 10:16:42

They can get pregnant before the kittens are weaned so she'll need to make sure they don't get out. Also she will need to worm them, she should ring the vet about this.

Other places to advertise are Vets, work noticeboards, Church Newsletters, tell as many people about them as possible. It sounds like a busy household so on the plus side, they should be pretty bomb proof.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now