Talk

Advanced search

My cat has got most of the street fooled into thinking she is a stray!

(7 Posts)
theITgirl Tue 16-Aug-11 00:06:06

My cat is a skinny little thing, always has been. Looks like an overgrown kitten but is a very healthy 14 yr old. Vets always compliment me on her condition - so definately NOT malnourished. However due to accident with a car, is now missing a leg. So has become very good at the pathetic act.

Anyway, we were on holiday last week. Neighbour at No1 couldn't feed as originally arranged - I didn't know she had organised her mother (who was looking after her DC) to cover for her. So I asked neighbour at No29 to feed.
So this cat had 2 people coming in to feed - till they noticed that they were doing the same job.

Also we had Neighbour at No27a convinced that she was a stray and feeding her.

In addition Neighbours at No17 also convinced she was a stray and have been rescuing her at 1am and feeding her chicken!!!

No30 have also been concerned and leaving treats out for her.

Cat is now sitting 1m away giving me the evils for abandoning her.

She has been fed from 5 different houses over the past week!

bumpybecky Tue 16-Aug-11 00:10:37

has she been reading Six Dinner Sid? grin

have you asked the rest of the neighbours? I wouldn't be surprised if there were others feeding her too!

theITgirl Tue 16-Aug-11 00:29:41

I bet she has most of the street feeding her.

No29 is a sociable soul, so has been alerting some of the neighbours (30 & 27a) that she does have a loving home.

I had a chat with No17 who are now convinced that she has owners who care about her.

I am waiting for the RSPCA to appear! I must get her microchipped so they don't nick her when I am not looking.

I cannot put a collar on her. I tried a few times when she was small but she got so frantic (and stuck), that we decided it was too dangerous. Have tried a couple of times over the past few years but she was in real danger of seriously hurting herself, we decided it was too dangerous to try again.

It just seems wierd to microchip a cat. She is just a moggy.

theITgirl Tue 16-Aug-11 00:31:19

Just looked at the link - DCat is also completely black

CailinDana Tue 16-Aug-11 12:16:08

I think most cats are like this if they go outside. Feckers. My two often come home smelling of someone else's perfume. Cheating bastards.

musicposy Wed 17-Aug-11 17:33:41

My cat frequently comes home smelling very strongly of cigarette smoke and cheap perfume. Chavvy cheating cat hmm

He's microchipped, though, I'm not having any ownership dispute!

BibiBlocksberg Mon 22-Aug-11 22:18:02

Ha ha musicposy - mine comes back smelling very 'musty'

Found out at the weekend that's because she spends time next door with two old boys (and have a musty smelling house)

I know exactly how you feel Op, the above 'musty' cat is also believed to be a stray by a good 97% of the rest of my neighbours.

Her weakness are men, the little tart smile schmoozes round anything male, purrs, drools and then swipes at me the 'utility' human who gets to feed her, clean up after her, flea/worm etc.

Got to love her independence and the way she knows exactly how to get what she wants grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now