Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone else's cat protest in this way?

(4 Posts)
valleyqueen Sun 14-Aug-11 20:47:20

Just come back from a weeks holiday, my dad came in everyday to feed, water and change the cat litter.

Today she has peed and crapped under my sofa and wailed when I had to get her out to move the sofa. She is now sulking in DDs room and stinks of pee. Last time I went away for a few days she peed on my door mat and pooed on the back of the sofa. She is a rescue cat and spent the first 6 years of her life in a box room with 6 other cats.

As a result she is scared of large open spaces so spends 90% of her time under the sofa, when I clean under there she goes under DDs bed. Only I could end up with an agoraphobic cat.

peggotty Sun 14-Aug-11 22:22:33

Poor cat - she sounds really stressed out! I have heard of cats doing this kind of thing when they#re annoyed with their owners going away or changing things around the house. How long have you had her?

NoCarbsBeforeMarbs Sun 14-Aug-11 22:28:40

Poor cat (and you)

My uncle and aunts cats do this.

They have 2 so I don't know if it's one, or both, but I do know they have to turd hunt for days after they've been away.

No advice, sorry, but you aren't alone (for what it's worth!)

valleyqueen Sun 14-Aug-11 23:21:07

I have had her one year. I have given her some tuna and a stroke, now working how to get the smell out of her, she stinks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now