I have been asked to pass on the following by various (completely legit) rescue contacts.
1) If you are in london, affected by the riots and need a place of safety for your animals please contact email@example.com or call 07899 724 800 or 0844 844 2900 in confidence - they will help.
2) If your animal is in a vets surgery in an area that might be hit by rioters, then either get them out, or check that your vets will be manned throughout the night. More than one vets have been hit & a pet shop. Most practices do not have 24 hour staff... is your animal safe?? The vets are being looted for drugs & equipment.
3) Hundreds of rioters are apparently all meeting up in Crystal palace park tonight. Please warn all dog & pet owners in the area to keep dogs, cats and other animals in!!
4) If you walk your dog at night, tonight, give it a miss. Stay safe.
5) If in doubt, keep your animals in and safe tonight. If you are in an area affected by riots, keep pet carriers, leads and other equipment close to hand so you can get your pet out in an emergency/fire if you have to leave your house.