Talk

Advanced search

cat with excess saliva / a bit dribbly

(5 Posts)
noarguments Tue 02-Aug-11 18:08:43

Is this a symptom of anything?
She's otherwise OK, slightly quieter than normal, but that might be my paranoia or the hot weather....
She just seems to have more wetness round her mouth, and I wondered whether it was a sign of something I should worry about? Any ideas? Obviously will contact the vet if I'm still worried in a day or two.

tallulah Tue 02-Aug-11 18:38:44

Might be problems with her teeth.

SparklyCloud Tue 02-Aug-11 21:02:17

This is DEFINITELY a symptom of dental problems. Which would explain the quietness - she could have terrible toothache!
I would get her to the vet as soon as you can get an appointment.

noarguments Thu 04-Aug-11 23:02:46

Just a quick update.
Thanks for the advice, I took her to the vet today, and it turns out she has an ulcer thing on her tongue - she may have licked something very hot (tea?) or caustic (bleach?). Either are possible blush - need to be more careful about this in the future.
So she's had AB injection and anti inflammatory painkillers, and it should be OK in a week or so. Poor little thing - I feel awful! Luckily she doesn't seem to have swallowed anything, as she would have damaged her throat or worse and would be much more visibly poorly

Anyway thanks to you both for the push in the right direction...

SparklyCloud Fri 05-Aug-11 18:33:30

Thats great that you got her to the vet - glad she is ok!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now