Talk

Advanced search

How do you dispose of uneaten cat food?

(17 Posts)
BertieBotts Sat 23-Jul-11 13:19:03

Once it's been in the bin a couple of days it absolutely reeks, it literally makes me retch every time the bin is opened, and we just don't fill up a binbag that quickly. I can't put it straight in the wheelie bin as we don't have them - just bags.

MindtheGappp Sat 23-Jul-11 13:20:10

Scoop it up into a carrier bag and tie a knot.

fruitshootsandheaves Sat 23-Jul-11 13:26:01

put it in a casserole

Geepers Sat 23-Jul-11 13:29:18

Feed dry food.

SoupDragon Sat 23-Jul-11 13:29:28

Um... before we got the spaniel, I used to bag it in nappy sacks and out it in the bin. I still do this when there have been flies on it [yuck] but, TBH, the dog finishes most of it up if the cats don't manage.

mountaingirl Sat 23-Jul-11 13:33:21

Get a Labrador!

Shinyshoes1 Sat 23-Jul-11 13:33:55

put it in a public bin, there must be one near you. I do this with smelly things like fish and the other day I found a bowl and a glass full of PISS shock the stench of ammonia was appaling so I got one of the children to empty it in public bin. They get emptied pretty much daily

HopeEternal Sat 23-Jul-11 22:01:05

I use the bags for disposing of sanitary materials. They are large enough to hold the uneaten food and small enough not to seem wasteful to use.

Piggles Sun 24-Jul-11 07:39:54

I flush it down the loo (usually when I am off to the loo anyway, so it isn't an extra flush) because yes, cat food in the bin starts to hum pretty quick.

BertieBotts Sun 24-Jul-11 10:09:09

Hmm I think I might have to go for the bag route. I was hoping for something like "tape a cotton bud with tea tree to the bin lid" grin

Public bin is on the next street, so a bit drastic when I just want to feed the cat. Can't get a dog at the moment but possibly will take DP's dog when we eventually move from here. Cat won't eat purely dry food - I think because one of the neighbours gives him wet as well. And I'm not sure you're supposed to put food in the toilet, are you? Ours is temperamental anyway.

Thanks all smile

ClaimedByMe Sun 24-Jul-11 10:13:55

You have uneaten catfood shock

I have 3 cats and there is never any leftovers!!!

BertieBotts Sun 24-Jul-11 10:16:56

Haha! No I just have one very fussy cat, if it goes the slightest bit dry, that's it, it's refused. And if DS is hanging around he doesn't always finish his food in one go.

LaCidrai Sun 24-Jul-11 10:30:01

Glass of piss?

PuppyMonkey Sun 24-Jul-11 10:34:25

Uneaten cat food? confused

No, does not compute.

Goblinchild Sun 24-Jul-11 10:48:18

Winter, put it in paper and then into a small bag.
Summer, put it out at 8.30pm and the hedgehogs are happy.

hiddenhome Sun 24-Jul-11 18:56:12

My hens come into the house and help themselves to any uneaten cat food hmm

bruffin Sun 24-Jul-11 19:06:29

Down the loo
However we have changed from sachets which are 100g to tins which are only 85g and we rarely get any food left.
She has dry food in the morning and a tin in the evening

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now