Talk

Advanced search

Just back from the vet and. . .

(13 Posts)
helewele Mon 18-Jul-11 16:18:47

Minnie the kitten is a BOY!

We just brought 2 kittens home yesterday, and had been told they were both girls. DD decided to name them Minnie and Daisy (Mickey Mouse Clubhouse fan grin ) We took the kittens to get a check up and vaccs this afternoon, and the vet checked blush

So here is the dilemma MNers- do we leave him as 'minnie' (including pink collar a la Minnie Mouse) considering he will be neutered in the very near future, or change his name, try to explain to my autistic DD (5) about boy bits, and then answer every conceivable (and inconceivable) question her little autistic brain comes up with for the next year (or 10)? grin

Help me out folks confused what do I do?

pjmama Mon 18-Jul-11 16:24:03

I'd stick with Minnie and tell people it's short for Minos, or Minster. The pink collar will just help him to get in touch with his feminine side! grin

helewele Mon 18-Jul-11 16:44:49

grin I like your thinking!

buggerlugs82 Mon 18-Jul-11 20:46:35

He might grow up to be little so minnie could be to do with his size

<clutching at straws emoticon>

2 kittens, been there done that. You will look like a self harmer in a week after they've used all your limbs to swing from. Oooooh its great fun smile

beautifulgirls Mon 18-Jul-11 22:38:08

Spell it Mini?

frostyfingers Wed 20-Jul-11 14:18:09

I know a boy cat called Daisy who spent 17 years with the "wrong" name....

girlywhirly Wed 20-Jul-11 14:27:19

My cat is female and has her original boy name, the vets are still calling her 'he' despite her wearing a pink collar!

QuietTiger Fri 22-Jul-11 15:24:58

Tag a name on to the "Minnie"... like "mini Tiger", or Mini "what ever you want to call him"...

But then, I'm not one to ask, I spent 17 years with a girl-cat called "Thomas"!!!

helewele Fri 22-Jul-11 23:42:59

Thanks for all the replies grin Minnie the kitten is staying Minnie, with the pink collar - he can just be a little Metro wink (at least the vet spelt in Mini on the registration!)

My Mum looks after a neighbour's cat called Bella ... who after his revelation is now known as 'Bella the Fella ' grin

LittleJennyRobyn Tue 09-Aug-11 10:25:32

Just had to respond to this, My mum also has a cat who is 13 named Thomas.
Thomas went to get "neutered" at 6 months old. The vet then told mum that that he was a she.
It seemed wrong to change her name.

I'm sure Minnie wont care one bit what his name is as long as you keep the food and cuddles coming grin

kittensliveupstairs Tue 09-Aug-11 13:04:05

My sister's late cat was called Teresa. That was until Teresa went to have a hysterectomy and nuts were discovered. Teresa kept her name.

DontCallMeBaby Wed 10-Aug-11 20:08:44

One of my boy cats had a fluorescent pink collar for months - it was just a nicer colour than any of the others. He must have liked it, as he didn't lose two within a week, unlike his brother (who had slightly more butch yellow ones).

He has red now and at least one of the vet nurses still refers to him as her/she all the time ... he is a VERY pretty cat. Mind you one of the vets was saying his brother was 'too pretty to be a boy'. He's a CAT!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now