Talk

Advanced search

How can I stop my cat doing this?

(4 Posts)
HereLiesDobbyAFreeElf Sat 16-Jul-11 16:06:57

When we go to bed she is usually out. When she comes back in she cries/meows for ages and no amount of calling for her stops her. When we get out of bed to go see what she is doing she runs up and down the stairs as if she ios a kitten then darts back outside. She does this 3/4 times a night and it is getting very tiring.

Any ideas how to stop her?

SparklyCloud Sat 16-Jul-11 16:58:53

You could do what i do - keep her in at night. You need a bribe-tin of tuna or something she loves. Once in, make sure she cn't get out again. Do this every night and soon, she should be hanging around in wait for the treat, around the time you go to bed. Sounds like she feels a bit disorientated at night. how old is she, as night calling is common as cats get older?

HereLiesDobbyAFreeElf Sat 16-Jul-11 21:42:48

She is 2 years old.

Have tried keeping her in and she howls to get out, tried keeping her out she howls to get in hmm

SparklyCloud Sun 17-Jul-11 13:32:16

How about keeping lamps on downstairs and possibly the landing upstairs so she can actually see everywhere right up to your bedroom?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now