Talk

Advanced search

Cat keeps nipping/clawing my feet, driving me mad!

(9 Posts)
LaWeasel Fri 01-Jul-11 12:51:07

Any good ideas for persuading him to stop it?

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 02-Jul-11 08:20:01

Is he castrated? Mine had biting, pouncing OCD untill I had him done. It took a month after for all the feistyness to go.

LaWeasel Tue 05-Jul-11 19:13:04

Sorry I missed the reply - yes he was castrated by the rescue before we got him at 18mthsish. But this was a good 8 months ago now, so hopefully not that!

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 05-Jul-11 19:51:14

You could try playing with him lots, hes still young and needs entertainment, it does calm them down, laser pointers are good as are ping pong balls, you can get cat nip sprays to attract him to the toys or scratch post.

Feliways are meant to be really good for calming cats down too, if you go to their website it goes through stress triggers for cats such as visitors.

I use a feather duster for my cat to pounce on then he rolls over with it and pummells it with his back legs.

LaWeasel Tue 05-Jul-11 19:55:02

Yes, my first thoughts were hungry (but he gets plenty) and then playing.

But if I bring out toys after he's nipped me he doesn't pay any attention. (I bet he'd love a feather duster though - his favourite toy is a fluffy strip on a rope type thing that he jumps around chasing) Do you think it's too late by that point and I need to pre-empt him wanting to play?

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 05-Jul-11 20:01:43

probably, mines always boistress (sp) after breakfast but he goes out and climbs a tree.

Do you wear socks? toes spring up as we walk and all the waggling toes may just be irresistable to a playful cat.

LaWeasel Tue 05-Jul-11 20:04:49

No...

That is absolutely genius. It is often morning when I'm sneakily pegging the washing up with no shoes on!

Thanks very much.

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 05-Jul-11 20:27:16

Im not just a pretty face......i'm also a chiropodist. Who knew chiropody degrees and cat behaviour would collide.

LaWeasel Tue 05-Jul-11 20:32:01

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now