Talk

Advanced search

Will he come home?

(7 Posts)
boba82 Mon 13-Jun-11 16:19:25

Our 15 month old male cat has failed to return home this morning sad He goes out every night when we go to bed and is usual waiting at back door when I get up in morning around 6.30 am. There have been a few occasions, usually when it's been a wet night, that he's not came home until 8.30 am but that has been the latest. It's now 4.15pm and still no sign. I've been out looking for him in and around our street but no sign.

I'm so upset, he's my little baby and I'm fearing the worst as he's never been away for this long before.

Has this happened to anyone else? Am I over-reacting? Please tell me some positive cats coming home stories . . . .

LordSucre Mon 13-Jun-11 16:26:46

fear not!! I have had this. I even phoned the vet. They told me not to worry for at least a week as it is perfectly normal for them to toddle off enjoying themselves for a couple of days then return nonchalantly when they are hungry and tired.

Of course mine came back.

Honestly is is a real worry the first time they do this but you will grow used to it.

Vix1980 Mon 13-Jun-11 21:29:31

I really feel for you its a horrible thing to go through, my 15 year old cat had never been away for longer than the night, like yours he was always waiting at 7am to come in and be fed, recently though he dissapeared from thursday night for no reason at all, i was sick with worry, put up posters, rang local vets etc, i was just about to give up hope of ever seeing him again so the following monday 2 weeks later i heard a big miaow, looked out and he was sat there like nothing had happened.

Have no idea where he had been but just wanted to give you some hope that they are clever animals (even if we feel there our babies) they will find there way back! hes probably just exploring the area, got caught up chasing a mouse and is now on mouse watch waiting to get the whole family!

LordSucre Tue 14-Jun-11 09:37:54

Any sign yet Boba? Keeping all crossed that he will meander through the door at any moment.

catinthehat2 Tue 14-Jun-11 09:44:21

check out this roller coaster of a thread.

SPOILER:

it ends happily

boba82 Tue 14-Jun-11 11:11:39

Thanks guys. Pleased to say he wandered in this morning without a care in the world! Me and DH hardly slept last night and were up checking throughout the night. Might have to strangle him myself now!!!

LordSucre Tue 14-Jun-11 12:01:23

oh well done!!

See, I knew it! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now