Talk

Advanced search

Cats are weird...

(5 Posts)
LollipopViolet Mon 30-May-11 14:59:49

This coming from a cat lover who has, due to family hating cats, lived with dogs her whole life!

Went round to a friend's house last night for a Chinese. He and his partner have 2 cats, who are adorable, but they're just odd...

Why, when playing with their laser pointer toy, do they ignore the mouse picture, the star, the smiley face and the butterfly, but go completely mad chasing the simple red dot??

Why do they not get the concept of their reflection?

Why do they attempt to stalk/chase things that are on the other side of the patio door?

Why, oh why, do they act like heat seeking missiles and jump on your seat 2 seconds after you get up?

Also, why does my friend's cat, instead of gently lying on my feet, stand in front of me, and just flop over onto her side, onto my feet?

Why do they go out the cat flap in the front door and then gaze longingly at you through the closed patio doors to be let in??

See, I'm a dog person, so this is all confusing to me. Along with the strange noise they make in their throat when stalking something, and the bum wiggling they do before pouncing.

Odd creatures, but gorgeous and funny and I want one!

ClaireDeLoon Mon 30-May-11 15:03:49

I have that laser toy and yes, they only like the red dot grin

I have no idea why cats are like that but they are very loveable for their bonkers ways. I love it when they sit inside making machine gunning noises at birds they are watching through the window.

tribpot Mon 30-May-11 15:13:23

Having lived with dogs, you will have missed the key fact of life as a cat: humans exist solely to serve you. You do precisely what you want and only what you want. In 'return' they feed you, pamper you and pet you - cats really are the epitome of L'Oreal: "because I'm worth it. OBVIOUSLY".

The bum wiggling is to get maximum power to the legs for the epic kill.

LollipopViolet Mon 30-May-11 19:19:51

Even if that kill is a piece of paper, a ball or a red dot of light? Haha, odd creatures smile

Also, does anyone else have a cat obsessed with getting itno bags, boxes etc? One of my friend's cats was trying to climb into the handbag of another friend who was with us for the evening. Same cat has been known to hide in those canvas shopping bags, crates, boxes of books, and most recently, the bag containing her owner's ice skates...

ClaireDeLoon Mon 30-May-11 20:39:20

Yes, bags are like boxes. They have to be sat/laid in. Or if too small to contain a cat then laid on.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: