Talk

Advanced search

FabCat is giving me a dilemma

(6 Posts)
TheOriginalFAB Sat 28-May-11 20:02:15

We share a sofa. I have to move her every time to her side. Sitting with her is lovely but it stinks sad. She has smelt like soggy doggy for a few days but around the sofa stinks of wee. I can't see her weeing deliberately on the sofa tbh so think she must be leaking urine. Her kidneys are failing as well as her having arthritis and a brain illness. She is nearly 16 years 9 months. Is it possible she is leaking due to her kidney failure? She has always been a very clean cat and is washing herself as I type but I need to find out what is wrong and also need help with how to get the sofa clean.

She is due at the vet on Tuesday so will be asking then if no one has any ideas before then.

TIA.

ravenousbugblatterbeast Sat 28-May-11 21:21:35

Have you tried using bio washing liquid/powder to clean initially, getting it as wet as you dare, then rub bicarbonate of soda into the patch, then let it dry? Also, put a drynite bed protector under her when she's sitting with/on you.

So sorry you're going through this...

TheOriginalFAB Sat 28-May-11 21:50:57

I am off to bed now - FabCat refusing to go hmm - so will try tomorrow. Thank you.

minieggfannomore Sat 28-May-11 21:59:44

Put a throw on the sofa - one you can wash easily.

purplepidjin Sat 28-May-11 22:07:34

Put binbags under the sofa covers to protect the cushions as much as possible.

Give FabCat a >chin rub< >whisker twitch< from PidjCat and PidjBunny

Have a serious talk with the vet about how much she is suffering sad

TheOriginalFAB Sun 29-May-11 11:02:17

I will be on Tuesday about her not eating and the urine thing. I don't know what she is suffering tbh apart from having to have the drugs (though have cut down from 4 to 2) and not always getting the food she would rather eat. She has a pretty good life. toys, a big garden, cosy bed, sleeps whenever she wants, is carried to bed if she doesn't fancy walking. Spoilt? Nah grin.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: