Talk

Advanced search

How do I stop my cat p*ssing on the floor?

(2 Posts)
JenniL1977 Sat 28-May-11 07:41:18

We have a male cat, who could be anywhere between 13 and 18 (he was living in a bin when we found him living stray 8 years ago). For the last 6 years, he's always chosen one place in the house to wee on the floor rather than his litter tray - although he does use his tray. In one house it was on the doormat, in another behind the tv (wrecking DH's XBox, oops!), in this one it's up against a bookcase in the dining room. It isn't spraying, he's sitting down and having a proper wee.
His litter tray is kept clean, he goes outside all the time. IMO DH is far too nice to him about it, but my approach of rubbing his nose in it and shouting at him doesn't work either! I'm starting to get really hacked off with it now I'm pg as in 9 months we're going to have a little girl crawling round and obviously don't want her getting in it. Has anyone else managed to get theirs to stop doing this kind of thing? He hasn't got any underlying health problems either like his liver or kidneys being a problem.
Thanks in anticipation! smile

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 28-May-11 16:08:51

Have you tried the usual tricks, putting orange peel there, tin foil on the floor, cat repellant sprays?

What does he do if he's locked out of the room he goes in?.

Also if you wash the area with any ammonia or bleach soloutions it smells like wee to them so they are more attracted to that area.

You could put his food bowl there, see if that stops him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now