Talk

Advanced search

My cat got run over

(15 Posts)
mollymoocow Wed 05-Jan-11 21:25:00

my beautiful cat got run over tonight and died in my arms. We can't bury her in the garden in case the dog digs her up and can't afford to have her cremated. Does anyone know how much cat cremation costs through the vets or have any alternatives.

Sorry if this sounds blunt but I am still in shock sad

scurryfunge Wed 05-Jan-11 21:27:27

I'm sure my mum was charged about £60 for cremation and the wooden urn to put the ashes in.

So sorry about what has happened.

If you bury her very deep, a dog would not dig her up.

GrimmaTheNome Wed 05-Jan-11 21:29:14

Oh, I'm so sorry, that's horrible.

If you can't afford cremation, would it be possibe to bury her quite deep and put something like a paving slab on top - maybe with a nice plant pot on top?

Maelstrom Wed 05-Jan-11 21:32:16

Sorry to hear about your cat.

I have found this on google. They also have some advice on burying pets:
http://www.dignitypetcrem.co.uk

Apparently veterinary practices get cheaper rates so it is worth asking your vet.

BellaMagnificat Wed 05-Jan-11 21:33:17

So sorry. My DC was run over and killed ten years ago and I didn't bury him far enough down. A fox got him so you are right to be cautious.

£60 to £80 is about right.

I am so very, very sorry.

mollymoocow Wed 05-Jan-11 21:34:51

Think DH is going to bury her as deep as possible with her sister and put slabs on top. I just can't stop crying, she was my baby, only 18 months old and her kitten is wondering where mummy is. sad

SecretNutellaFix Wed 05-Jan-11 21:38:37

I'm so sorry for your loss. I've had 2 go that way. It's horrible. sad

I think that if you go quite deep(about 3 feet) you should be ok. but maybe call the vet and see what they can do for you.

My mum recently had our dog cremated, via the vets, and it cost her £160 for an individual service and a casket I believe. Kes was a big border collie. I can't remember what the cats cost, but she did get one in a blue marble urn and another(not car accident) in a carved wooden one.

Borisismyhousespider Wed 05-Jan-11 21:39:05

{{{Hugs}}} very sad sad ours got run over about 2 months ago now, we buried him and planted a bush on him, so at least something would grow on, you have my sympathies.

piratecat Wed 05-Jan-11 21:43:37

I am so sorry for your loss sad

I have lost 2 this way and I lost my darling Pixie over a yr ago she was only 12 months, it's so so sad. she had leukemia.

I had her cremated, i think it was about £85. She is in a wicker pouch and it's very sweet, it has a flower on it. I didn't want a casket again.

x take care and allow yourself to grieve x

GrimmaTheNome Wed 05-Jan-11 22:13:47

We had our dog done via vet -don't know what it cost, DH dealt with it - no urn or casket as we preferred to scatter the ashes in his favourite 'bouncing' field.

BellaMagnificat Thu 06-Jan-11 18:15:13

How are you feeling today, Molly? Hugs to you.

LisaD1 Fri 07-Jan-11 19:39:37

So sorry for your loss Molly - we had our 1 yr old cat run over just before Xmas, he was found dead and we were told where he was but when we went to pick him up he was gone (no doubt some fox got to him first)

mollymoocow Fri 07-Jan-11 20:41:16

Still can't quite believe she has gone sad. DH buried her in the garden and put a couple of spare patio slabs on top until we can sort the garden out properly in the spring. Keep looking at her kitten and crying.

taffetacat Fri 07-Jan-11 20:52:12

so sorry for your loss, molly sad

BellaMagnificat Sat 08-Jan-11 12:44:40

Oh Molly

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: