Talk

Advanced search

PAT cat

(5 Posts)
purplepidjbauble Sun 19-Dec-10 20:58:07

I'm in the process of applying for my cat Mango to be a therapy cat (pics on profile). He's a soppy ginger furball, ever so calm and tolerant of being picked up, rough play, harness and lead. We're working on walking to heel and sitting at the moment.

I work with adults with learning disabilities, and the plan is that he would come to work with me for the day. I would keep food, water and litter tray there for him.

Has anybody had any experience with therapy cats? Also, any bright ideas of how I can get him to and from my workplace? It's not far enough to bother getting the car out, but too far to carry the cat box. I wouldn't expect Mango to walk half a mile across town on his lead. He'd be ok, but other people's dogs might object wink

cedmonds Sun 19-Dec-10 22:24:09

Hi my friend used to take her cat to a old peoples home and used to walk there with him on a lead. She never had any problems from dogs etc. She used to take it up to Epsom Downs as well on a felxi lead with her dogs and he was always fine used to love it.

purplepidjbauble Sun 19-Dec-10 23:11:53

Thanks, cedmonds, I might try it - if i can get him to be a little better behaved! he's a bit strong-minded at the moment grin

HonestyBox Mon 20-Dec-10 23:02:20

You can get a bicycle basket for a cat/small dog. It looks really cute, goes on the handlebars. I would be wary of walking a cat near dogs, many quite sane dogs would not be able to cope with a cat coming towards them on a lead.

purplepidjbauble Mon 20-Dec-10 23:30:59

Ooh, I like that idea, Honesty <trundles off to google> Thank you

Even the best of dogs will chase small furry interesting-smelling things, and also being in strange environment could be quite stressful for him, no matter how interesting he finds it smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now