Talk

Advanced search

Is it fair to 'drug' the cat with Feliway all the time?

(9 Posts)
KatyMac Thu 02-Dec-10 18:59:25

She is 're-homed' her twin sister died a3 months after we got them.

This one is very jumpy and a scaredy cat so we have had months of Feliway; but I forgot to re-buy it

She is jumpy and scaredy again so should I re-buy or is it unfair to her

KatyMac Thu 02-Dec-10 20:31:22

bump

missmakesstuff Thu 02-Dec-10 20:35:13

Not sure about the feliway, havent tried it, but our cat is truly a scaredy cat, practically has a mental health problem - we went to a homeopath, she had a 4 week course, and we now give her rescue remedy in her water every so often, and is much calmer - fine with new baby, building work, etc.

MaeMobley Thu 02-Dec-10 20:37:24

How much of a difference does the Feliway make?

I am not an expert but if it makes her more settled I would "drug" her.

Joolyjoolyjoo Thu 02-Dec-10 20:42:20

Feliway isn't a drug- it releases a pheromone, similar to the one cats release when they rub the side of their face on things, which makes them feel more secure and "happier". As such, you don't need to worry about it "drugging" her smile It sounds strange, but it does seem to work. hth

ClaireDeLoon Thu 02-Dec-10 20:45:55

I would have no problem with long term Feliway, or rescue remedy.

KatyMac Thu 02-Dec-10 20:54:30

I wonder which is cheaper? wink

Very expensive cat <sigh>

ClaireDeLoon Thu 02-Dec-10 21:12:13

I nearly added on 'except for the cost'. Feliway is very expensive compared to rescue remedy.

Why don't you give rescue remedy a try, if you haven't heard of it you can get it from a chemist or supermarket. It's about £7 for a small bottle but you only put a few drops at a time in the drinking water. I think you can even put a drop (just a drop!) on their ears and they will absorp it that way.

KatyMac Thu 02-Dec-10 21:33:34

I drink the stuff by the bucket load...rescue remedy that is wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now