Talk

Advanced search

Cats coming in through cat flap!

(6 Posts)
LaWeaselMys Tue 30-Nov-10 14:34:23

Our cat has finally sorted himself out, and is using the cat flap etc. Great.

Apart from the fact that all the neighbour cats want to come in! Our cat chased a couple of curious cats out. But there is another that comes in and eats his food. I can hear this cat munching away from the living room but my cat sits next to me and does nothing about it, so I have been chasing this other cat out myself.

It is long-haired and looks in good condition so not a stray (I wouldn't want to adopt it anyway)

Is there any way to keep it out other than magnetic catflap/collar?

Lizcat Tue 30-Nov-10 15:59:09

A microchip cat flap such as the sure flap. Having finally got one had to laugh at my cats who lured the intruder to smash into microchip cat flap whilst they sat there smirking at him.

LaWeaselMys Wed 01-Dec-10 14:40:19

Found that story unreasonably hilarious!

Will investigate those as he already has a chip, thank you!

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Wed 01-Dec-10 14:43:12

Get a water pistol and squirt the intruders everytime they come in. That often works quite quickly.

LaWeaselMys Thu 02-Dec-10 02:59:51

Well, cat broke the catflap!! So will just get a locking one tomorrow (house even more drafty with the flap broken off)

Lizcat Thu 02-Dec-10 09:14:35

My pair could write a book with their hilarious antics. Forgot to warn you that because the microchip cat flap clicks when they go through it unlocking lock beautiful PFB girl thought it was going to bite her originally. Also you must wipe it weekly in this weather other wise mud blocks the readers and cats are unable to enter house - pathetic mewing sodden creatures found on door step.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now