Talk

Advanced search

Two cats missing within a month of each other.

(24 Posts)
BuffDayKnickers0nMyHead Sun 14-Nov-10 14:55:03

Our Ginger tom 1yo went missing mid October, have not seen him since. Missing posters been put up and not heard a thing.

Our 14mo kitten went missing last night. He usually sits at the back door crying to be let in but no sign of him sad

whomovedmychocolate Sun 14-Nov-10 14:56:27

That's unusual. Were either of them showing signs of illness?

Have you checked with the local vets they haven't shown up there?

BuffDayKnickers0nMyHead Sun 14-Nov-10 15:02:19

No illness. Rang all local vets, cat shelters etc etc.

Another of our cats was knocked over and killed a couple of months ago too.

It isnt as though we live on a main road either, then I could understand if they had 'gone missing' that way.

DCs are gutted, as am I sad

whomovedmychocolate Sun 14-Nov-10 15:04:50

It's awful when they go missing. I'd actually rather know they had been killed because then I could stop looking.

My sympathies. Perhaps they'll come back though.

It's going to be cold this week, I hope you get your kitten back at least. Try cooking some kippers. That's worked for me in the past.

BuffDayKnickers0nMyHead Sun 14-Nov-10 15:09:31

Have put some tuna in his dish on the step...have to keep shooing neighbourhood cats away though!

I said to my dad, even if someone rang to say that Oscar had been killed, at least then I would know

BuffDayKnickers0nMyHead Sun 14-Nov-10 15:42:01

Right, how strange is this...

I have just been bollocking telling two kids to stop cutting my missing posters down when a man got out of a car and overheard me saying that the cats were missing.

He asked what kind of cats the were so I told him and he said that he picked a black and white one up off my street last night and that it should not be out because he is too young.
(btw, he is not 14mo, he is 17weeks, dont know where 14mo came from hmm )

I had to show him a photo to prove he was mine, meanwhile he took a very big interest in my dog.

He has said he will need to go home to pick the kitten up and fetch him back..over an hour away hmm

How fooking strange!

Dumbledoresgirl Sun 14-Nov-10 15:44:57

I see you are not living in Somerset. Some demented bastard is going round poisoning cats there. angry

Hope you get your little chap back. Why on earth did someone think they could pick it up, even if it is young?

DooinMeCleanin Sun 14-Nov-10 15:45:18

Very odd. Is there anyone in the house with you? You shouldn't be alone when he brings back the kitten.

BuffDayKnickers0nMyHead Sun 14-Nov-10 15:54:54

My friend is coming over to be with me.

Both of my uncle's cats, long with 6 or 7 others from his street, were poisoned with anti freeze sad How anyone could do that I will never know.

whomovedmychocolate Sun 14-Nov-10 17:34:42

Hope it turns out to be your cat. <fingers crossed>

BuffDayKnickers0nMyHead Sun 14-Nov-10 18:08:21

2 hours later he fetches our cat back!!! Something not right but I am just happy he is home!

whomovedmychocolate Sun 14-Nov-10 18:11:10

Did you take a note of his reg? Just in case?

BuffDayKnickers0nMyHead Sun 14-Nov-10 18:21:37

My friend (who lives over the road) got his reg number and a detailed description of him.

I know it may be over the top but not long since gotten burgled so very suspicious of everything.

whomovedmychocolate Sun 14-Nov-10 19:27:29

Well I'm glad you got the kitten back at least

RealityBomb Sun 14-Nov-10 19:33:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BuffDayKnickers0nMyHead Sun 14-Nov-10 19:58:04

He is allowed out after 12weeks though.

ClaireDeLoon Mon 15-Nov-10 09:38:44

That's very odd. If he picked your cat up off the streets why didn't he contact local vets and rescues etc? Sounds very fishy you are right to be concerned.

I agree with Reality though, kittens shouldn't be allowed out until a few weeks after the neutering op at six months. They're still tiny at 12 weeks!

frostyfingers Tue 16-Nov-10 14:31:24

If he's not microchipped it may be worth doing, and putting a collar on with a tag saying so - might just deter someone. Glad he's back safe and well, I bet he was thrilled to see you.

simpson Tue 16-Nov-10 19:48:52

Ooops blush

I have been letting my two kitties out since they were about 4mths old...

NewYearNewKnickersOnMyHead Mon 03-Jan-11 21:21:46

Ginger one still missing and little one been missing again since week before Christmas sad

bubblerock Mon 03-Jan-11 21:56:37

Have you contacted Sue at Moggy? sad

NewYearNewKnickersOnMyHead Mon 03-Jan-11 23:01:00

Have been checking the site regularly, thank you.

sad Wish they would come home.

NewYearNewKnickersOnMyHead Wed 05-Jan-11 13:46:02

Rang cats protection and not an hour ago someone had reported finding a kitten on the 27th Dec.

Jasper is home grin

He was over 10miles away and has a broken tail and a sore nose sad

Vets tomorrow to be neutered!

Vallhala Wed 05-Jan-11 14:02:20

That's wonderful news that he's been found! Made my day! I hope that he gets well soon.

Now, if someone could see to adopting the old boy I have volunteered to try to find a home for on here and to find foster care or donate towards boarding kennels for the dog who is in the pound and will, if somewhere to go and a means to pay for it can't be raised, be killed there tomorrow, I shall be happier still.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: