Talk

Advanced search

regatta vanern 6 tent; any good?

(6 Posts)
SophieofShepherdsBush Fri 19-May-17 13:27:42

I'm after a family tent for occasional camping with small children. The vanern 4 seems to get good reviews but I can't find much about this one.
My budget is 300 quid, and I've seen this one reduced from about 500 to less than 300 in a few places....Buy why is it reduced? Is it crap? Will it leak or blow over or tent poles break?
This is a lot of money for me, so I really want a nice useful tent!
It looks roomy and straightforward; has anyone got one? Do you like yours? Can it be put up by one adult at a push?

SophieofShepherdsBush Fri 19-May-17 19:58:34

Bumping for the evening crowd, any recommendations?

Getzkez Sat 05-Aug-17 16:53:56

Hi,
I have the Vanern 6, love it. Loads of room, pitches easily. Kids love the space.
Would really need two people to pitch as its huge!
Has withstood 40mph winds and torrential rain this year with no issues.

Getzkez Sat 05-Aug-17 16:56:20

I'll add that, the bedroom pod is very thin and lets a lot of light in and im dubious about poles lasting so have bought a couple spares just incase šŸ˜€

Taracco Mon 11-Sep-17 22:32:43

Hi. I have the Vanern 6 too and I love it. Loads of space. I'd agree it's a 2 person job to put it up due to its size and weight. 2 of our poles have split but that's probably only because my OH is useless and pushed them too much when we put it up in the dark in the rain (not what we planned lol).
I'm looking for spare poles but I'm struggling on finding them atm.
It's a really good tent for the price, can't wait to use it again, may have to wait a while as I want to stock up on other accessories šŸ˜€

Taracco Mon 11-Sep-17 22:33:11

Where did you get your spares? x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now