Talk

Advanced search

Any recommendations for a bike trailers for a toddler?

(3 Posts)
FrenchLimeBlossom Sun 10-Apr-16 20:43:46

Background:

We are not very regular cyclists but DH has always been into it and DS1 is starting to get more confident on his bike, so we bought him a tag along too for longer rides. DS2 is 2 though and I'm not really confident enough a cyclist for a child seat or strong enough to pull DS1 on the tag along.

We tried a Croozer kid for 1 today and DS2 really enjoyed it but ouch the prices! Even on eBay they seem to be going for more than £200.

Anyone bought one of the cheaper trailers - we saw one in Halfords and another in Evans for under £180 but would it be a false economy? Are we better to just watch and wait on eBay for a croozer or (gulp) a thule to come up?

I'd want to be able to fold it up readily, no need for a buggy/stroller conversion, but good to have decent storage pockets for picnic, waterproofs etc, roll bars and 5 point harness essential though.

Anyone got any handy hints? Thanks in advance.

MeNeedSleep Mon 27-Mar-17 08:00:12

We have a croozer. Expensive but good resale value.

Whatever one you get I would recommend that the attachment on to your bike goes theough the axel of your wheel and doesn't just clamp on to the frame. But safer, secure. But you will have to pay more for this.

Gramgram Mon 08-May-17 14:12:00

Try www.wiggle.co.uk they may be able to advise you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now