Tent heater recommendations please

(10 Posts)
WeeMadArthur Fri 15-Jan-16 13:35:52

Looking to camp in the summer but I'm a big Jessie and hate the cold. Camped last year, lovely warm summer days but I was freezing at night so I'm looking for a heater that would provide heat inside the tent through the night. Any recommendations? And has anyone got an Outwell heated carpet? Would that be enough to keep me warm or is it just enough to warm your toes?

WeeMadArthur Sun 17-Jan-16 09:39:13

Bumping

doistayordoigo Sun 17-Jan-16 10:50:21

If you have an EHU just take a little blow heater. We use one and it heats up our biggish tent really quickly. I don't like to leave it on once we're in bed, though DH would, I'm just a bit nervous! The main thing to remember is NOT to use gas heaters as they can cause a build up of carbon monoxide inside the tent.

WeeMadArthur Mon 18-Jan-16 10:12:44

Thanks doistayordoigo we are planning on going for a pitch with EHU, I've been browsing this weekend and really want one its safe to leave on overnight as it tends to be around 2 o'clock that the cold really hits me, even though the tent was roasting earlier in the day

doistayordoigo Tue 19-Jan-16 07:41:54

DH always says you can leave the blow heater on, I'm just a born worrier! Maybe ask for advice in a camping shop or have you tried the forums on www.ukcampsiteco.uk? Lots of very helpful people over there with years of camping experience...they're always my first port of call when I have any camping related questions.

WeeMadArthur Tue 19-Jan-16 11:19:04

Thanks, I will pop over there and see what they say

louisaglasson Tue 19-Jan-16 11:25:06

What are you sleeping on/under/in? The cold comes up from underneath so I always make sure I'm very insulated there (a roll mat and a blanket), then a 3 season sleeping bag.

WeeMadArthur Wed 20-Jan-16 14:05:32

Last time was a blow up mattress (that deflated during the night) but next time we have folding camp beds, which I have been told will be colder because of the air underneath them

louisaglasson Sat 23-Jan-16 10:28:07

I hate those blow up mattresses. We went for fat airics in the end. Best mats ever! If you're on beds though definitely insulate underneath.

I have a fan heater too to warm the tent but wouldn't leave it on all night.

WeeMadArthur Fri 29-Jan-16 18:54:53

What do you recommend for insulation? A basic roll mat or something better?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now