Talk

Advanced search

Weather forecast for Devon next week

(6 Posts)
Hobby2014 Tue 23-Jun-15 16:29:35

Is TERRIBLE!

I don't want to go.

We leave Saturday for a week. It's raining every day according to the forecast.
Yet here, in South East, beautiful weather is forecasted, sunny and temp getting up to 26!

We're staying in the north. I've been before so I know there's some things we can do if it rains for a couple of days but it's literally the entire week. It's first family holiday with DS and was hoping to get him in the sea have spent money on swim shorts, uv suits, swim nappies, jelly shoes etc which won't fit next year hmm. We don't have a garden but where we are staying does so was just going to spend time there with a paddling pool etc.

Part of me thinks don't bother going, its cost £300 to rent the place. It's going to cost £100 at least for petrol. Then fees for zoos/farms to do in wet weather. We could just not go and do some days out around where we live, to beaches etc, if the weathers going to be nicer here.

I'm just gutted.sad

Wiifitmama Tue 23-Jun-15 16:35:20

We also leave Friday for a week in North Devon on a farm. I have seen a mixed forecast. But I am not worried. We were in Cornwall all last week - the forecast was dire, often right up to the day before, but was fine. It's so changeable on the coast that the only true way to know what the weather will be is to look out of the window on the day.

Hobby2014 Tue 23-Jun-15 20:38:24

Thanks for giving me some hope.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for the both of us. We went 2 years ago for a week and it didn't rain at all the entire stay and was sunny everyday. I know it's not gonna be like that as we was very lucky, and we wouldn't be that lucky again, but I was expecting at least a few nice days. I really wasn't expecting the forecast to be this bad.

Asleeponasunbeam Tue 23-Jun-15 20:46:55

We live in Devon. The forecast is never accurate. Honestly. It can be raining in one place and glorious 10 miles away. So 'chance of precipitation' can be just one rain cloud somewhere.

Beaches are better when it's not too sunny!

Hobby2014 Wed 24-Jun-15 14:26:29

The forecast has totally changed overnight and there's now some dry days and even some sunny days too.
Getting a bit more hopeful each day, but am still packing wellies, DS's puddle suit and umbrellas grin.

westcountrywoman Wed 24-Jun-15 14:37:23

I live in Devon. First of all, due to the coastal influence, the weather here is very changeable and the forecast often changes day-to-day.
Secondly, it's never as hot and sunny here as most people believe. It's nearly always hotter in the South East!
Thirdly, it's a very beautiful place come rain or shine! Get a decent waterproof coat and have a lovely week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now