poop bags for German Shepherd Puppy

(21 Posts)
Emilymorris20 Sat 12-Sep-20 09:26:49

Hi
I am collecting my German shepherd puppy today and just wondering what poop bags are best for them ?
Also is there any other uses for poop bags that would be good to know as I’m guessing you always have a couple in car or pockets etc ?

thankyou

OP’s posts: |
DaisyChainsForever Sat 12-Sep-20 09:39:11

Make sure they have handles and aren't too thin/small. we recently bought some cheap ones on a roll that are a nightmare for this! I quite often have to walk for 30/40 minutes with no sign of a bin, so a handle is definitely needed.

GoodbyeToCare Sat 12-Sep-20 09:49:58

The bags you can get in Wilko are brilliant! Cheap too.

Toddlerteaplease Sat 12-Sep-20 10:18:33

Biodegradable ones!

MrsElijahMikaelson1 Sat 12-Sep-20 10:20:57

We buy nappy sacks as they are much cheaper

Scattyhattie Sat 12-Sep-20 12:22:58

I also use supermarket own brand nappy sacks, plenty big enough for large dogs & cheaper than poo bags, some are biodegradable. Just don't buy the very cheap ones as those are smaller, thin & slippy to handle.

MissShapesMissStakes Sat 12-Sep-20 12:49:46

I get the poo bags from EcoVibe. They are made of cornstarch and much better for the environment. They are black and strong. Only downside is no tie handles but I've never had a problem with that. I use them for my mini poodle but my in laws have big dogs and they are fine for them too.

https://ecovibe.co.uk/products/dogsdoo-compostable-biodegradable-poop-bags-50-bags?pos=3&&_sid=e6cb9ca95&_ss=r

Advertisement

AlCalavicci Sat 12-Sep-20 13:12:34

I no longer have a dog but I when i did have i used sandwich bags .
Plus points
much cheaper than poo bags
generally bigger
Can be used for other things ( sandwiches , left overs etc )

Down side
They can be a bit thin
Not biodegradable
No handle
Clear plastic
( though the last two points never bothered me )

vanillandhoney Sat 12-Sep-20 13:52:39

Tesco scented ones - I think they're £1 for 100 bags. They're reasonably thick, strong and have handles.

Dogsarebetterthanpeople Sat 12-Sep-20 13:57:04

I use value nappy bags

Falcone Sat 12-Sep-20 14:07:09

I also use scented nappy sacks, I get 300 for £1

Soubriquet Sat 12-Sep-20 14:08:44

I use beco poop bags

You can get them scented or unscented (these are better) and they are big and nice and thick too.

Soubriquet Sat 12-Sep-20 14:09:57

Not beco sorry, earth rated!

Zebrahooves Sat 12-Sep-20 14:15:26

I use biodegradable ones. You can pick them up in most supermarkets.

Sitdowncupoftea Sun 13-Sep-20 01:00:14

Don't use the cheap thin ones or cheap nappy bags. Go for the thick large poop bags.

StillMedusa Sun 13-Sep-20 10:24:23

I use Ancol biodegradeable poop bags.. they are nice and strong and my fingers have never gone through them unlike cheap ones!

BinkyandBunty Sun 13-Sep-20 10:27:40

My German Shepherd is 8yo and has never pooped on a walk. She needs her privacy. You might get lucky!

Ineedadentist Sun 13-Sep-20 13:26:41

I second Ancol biodegradeable for my biggish dog. I buy them from Amazon.

They're a good size and strong but easy to use. If they're too thick it's hard to pick up!

ThatLibraryMiss Sun 13-Sep-20 22:10:54

Bonre from Amazon. Biodegradable, large, cheap, thick so you can't see the contents. I prefer them without handles. I keep them in a Beco Pocket, attached to the lead.

Bufferingkisses Sun 13-Sep-20 22:24:02

Biodegradable nappy sacks. Don't bother with the plastic hand grip things or long distance whatever. Essentially you will need to get up close and pick it up so all that matters is it's big enough, thick enough and has some hope of disappearing in the next 50 years grin

BlueSlice Sun 13-Sep-20 22:25:34

Biodegradable definitely.

Adios plastic have a subscription where you get 10% off and a free poo bag holder.
adiosplastic.co.uk/shop/compostable-dog-poo-bags/

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in