Calming dog bed

(4 Posts)
dumpylittlepixie Fri 21-Aug-20 10:38:20

Has anyone bought a calming dog bed?
Have seen a few different makes advertised but wondered if any one has bought one and found they help with stressful times like thunder storms? Or is it just a gimmick?

If so what make have you gone for and are they easy to wash ?

Many thanks

OP’s posts: |
Bayleaf25 Fri 21-Aug-20 11:49:03

We have one. Our dog totally ignored it at first which DH found hilarious given the price, however I think it was to do with it smelling new/different and now it smells like Ddog she loves it.

I do think it’s probably a bit of a gimmick though as not sure it’s better or worse than any other dog bed. Ddog only really entertains her bed in the evening when she’s tired. In the day she just crashes on the floor or sofa.

Can’t remember the exact make. The cover is washable but we haven’t had to wash it yet.

didldidi Fri 21-Aug-20 11:58:43

I was wondering about these too but as your dog Bayleaf, ours usually just crashes by our feet during the day

dumpylittlepixie Fri 21-Aug-20 12:18:38

Yes my dog is the same, she spends most of her time by my feet on the floor, on the sofa or the cool bathroom floor.
She has become very sensitive to the weather extremes. Thunder and lightning and even heavy rain on the windows and the wind blowing down the chimney. So last night we were up and down with her as she was so anxious. She wont come to our room and settle she just wants to pace or go outside which is odd!
So yes there is a chance this fluffy bed will become an ornament or something to drag round when guests come. grin

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in