Search for Spillo

(16 Posts)
SearchforSpillo Fri 21-Aug-20 09:15:44

This beautiful boy has gone missing near Midhurst but could be anywhere,

There are lots of news articles about him to keep it going.

m.facebook.com/pages/category/Charity-Organization/Spillo-search-237151430698019/

He has arthritis as well.

OP’s posts: |
SearchforSpillo Fri 21-Aug-20 09:17:45

www.sussexlive.co.uk/news/sussex-news/devastated-family-lost-dog-holiday-4429817

He was near Midhurst at the time.

RiaRoth Fri 21-Aug-20 11:00:58

I have seen the press coverage which is great that the news is getting out and about. I will keep spreading the word and hope for good news soon.

ArcherDog Fri 21-Aug-20 11:37:39

15years old? Sadly it’s highly likely he is dead somewhere. Happens a lot when elderly dogs run off, especially somewhere they are not familiar with.
Very sad.

ArcherDog Fri 21-Aug-20 11:38:26

Oh just seen your username, I hope you aren’t the owner OP, sorry that was insensitive.

SearchforSpillo Fri 21-Aug-20 11:47:03

No, he's not mine, Im just trying to get it seen as much as possible.

He was only in the garden for 4 minutes, I don't think he can run due to the arthritis.

Its just so sad.

mrsjoyfulprizeforraffiawork Fri 21-Aug-20 12:42:51

Spillo has been on DogLost for a while now. I am afraid I don't think this will have a happy outcome. If he was alive, I think he would have been seen by someone by now - No sightings to date. (There was one but it turned out to be another dog from the area). I hope I'm wrong but I've been helping look for lost dogs and following their fortunes on DogLost for some years.

Advertisement

RiaRoth Fri 21-Aug-20 13:14:56

I am optimistically hanging on to the belief that as a body has not been found there is still hope he is alive. Fat lady sings and all that.....

Floralnomad Fri 21-Aug-20 14:19:17

I agree with pp that I can’t see this having a happy ending , although I hope I’m wrong . It was originally being suggested that someone took him thinking he was stray but I can’t see how that can be with all the local publicity .

Scrap2020 Sun 23-Aug-20 06:26:21

I had a look at their facebook page, still no news sad

BrianPotter Mon 24-Aug-20 19:32:59

There must be posters everywhere, they have been doing so much looking at the facebook page, I really hope they get him home.

Sitdowncupoftea Tue 25-Aug-20 14:58:27

Don't give up and make him too hot to handle.

BrianPotter Wed 26-Aug-20 12:10:41

4 weeks today since he went, presumed stolen sad

Floralnomad Wed 26-Aug-20 13:24:42

@BrianPotter why would anyone steal him

BrianPotter Wed 26-Aug-20 13:31:38

There was an interview on their f.book page, where the man said that whoever takes a dog, doesn't really stop to look at the age/breed. Its an opportunist.

I hope someone did think he was a stray and is looking after him.

Floralnomad Wed 26-Aug-20 13:44:19

But that’s the point , if someone had picked him up they would surely have just handed him back by now , I feel desperately sorry for the owners but this dog is of no value to anyone else so I can’t see how he’s been stolen . It’s the not knowing that’s so awful .

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in