Dog bed

(13 Posts)
Hyperfish101 Thu 13-Aug-20 06:13:20

Bought our new dog a fleecey soft bed bit it’s now just matted with hair. I know they are was able bit I washed the base and it became all misshapen.

I want something easy to clean. Was thinking of one of those plastic beds and just adding a base cushion that I could wash. What does everyone else have?

OP’s posts: |
GrumpyMiddleAgedWoman Thu 13-Aug-20 07:08:42

Tuffies. Bloody expensive but very robust. The inner is waterproof so can be disinfected or hosed off, and the covers wear very well. You can get 'nests' (like baskets) and mattresses.

Hyperfish101 Thu 13-Aug-20 09:35:08

Thanks. I will have a look.

Feralkidsatthecampsite Thu 13-Aug-20 09:37:36

A short cycle in a tumble drier is good for getting dog hairs off their bedding!

polkadotpjs Thu 13-Aug-20 09:39:44

This is good to know as my pup's bed is washed a lot and all lumpy now!

MerryGrinchmas1 Thu 13-Aug-20 09:40:45

We have an Easipet waterproof bed cover. We have a double duvet inside it and just use a fluffy blanket on the top. Easy to wipe it down and then throw the blanket in the wash every now and again

Sundaypolodog Thu 13-Aug-20 09:51:45

I made one from a washable double duvet folded in 4, and my sister in law made a cover from fleece material with Velcro along one edge. My dog loves it.

Advertisement

Ylvamoon Thu 13-Aug-20 09:59:42

I bought this from Amazon. I usually hover all the dust/ dirt out and I have washed it a few times, put it in the tumble dryer- it's great! The only downside is more like a matress on the floor than a traditional dog bed .

www.amazon.co.uk/s?ref=nb_sb_noss&k=Bedsure+Plush+Dog+Bed+Extra+Large-+Machine+Washable+Pet+Bolster+Bed+for+Large+Dogs+Up+to+45+KG%2C+Grey%2C+110x76x18cm&tag=mumsnetforu03-21

Ylvamoon Thu 13-Aug-20 10:01:25

The right link!! 🤦‍♀️

]]

Floralnomad Thu 13-Aug-20 11:18:40

Ours has a large circular cushion bed from Costco , it’s lasted well and washes nicely although I put a fleece blanket over the top so that gets washed more often rather than having to wash the cover .

TalkingOutOfMyBottom Sat 15-Aug-20 01:16:52

I'd say Tuffies too. Quite expensive but reviews all over the internet say people have had them for ten years and they look as good as new. We have had ours a few years and sick etc just washes off.

Girlintheframe Sat 15-Aug-20 04:58:12

We have two. One is a big round plastic one with a mat inside. The other is a waterproof one we got off amazon and is more of a flat rectangle with raised sides. Both very easy to keep clean but the plastic tub one seems to be our dogs favorite.

Hyperfish101 Sat 15-Aug-20 23:25:44

Thankyou.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in