How to go from Dry food to Wet

(5 Posts)
Dreamersandwishers Mon 10-Aug-20 19:17:09

I think as long as the pups tummy is ok you won’t have a problem with confusion. My 2 get dry food with a topping of wet, mostly, but on especially hot days it’s all wet, they love it. Very much preferred over dry.

Bunglemom Mon 10-Aug-20 14:46:14

@dementedpixie thats kinda the thing i was thinking of doing, just didnt want to confuse the pooch lol

@Floralnomad good idea thanks 👍

OP’s posts: |
Floralnomad Mon 10-Aug-20 14:10:55

I’d just start by mixing it in , but I’d also feed a mix of wet and dry anyway but with a good quality kibble . Mine has wet for breakfast ( Applaws pouches) and wet and dry for tea ( Millie’s wolfheart kibble and Applaws chicken in broth tins) . Applaws is the only wet food our picky dog will reliably eat all the time .

dementedpixie Mon 10-Aug-20 13:46:47

Could you not just have a separate bowl with a small amount of wet and then increase the amount as you gradually reduce the amount of dry

Bunglemom Mon 10-Aug-20 13:27:13

Hello,

So as the title suggests, how do we wean our puppy off Beta Chicken dry food to butchers puppy wet food?
(nothing wrong with dry food just personal choice😊 )

Puppy will be 8 weeks old when we pick him up and plan was to give him a week to settle etc then change the food slowly but could do with some advice on how to go this without upsetting his tummy.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in